Corsair Community

H100 or Air Cooling?

BlacknTan

Hi All,

My first post here. I'm starting a new build based on a Corsair 650D case, Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard, Intel i-5 Sandy Bridge and Corsair Vengeance RAM. I started this thread because I didn't want to intrude on the "grinding/noisy" sticky thread.

I'd dearly love to use the H100 because the case accommodates the system well, but after reading the entire sticky, I'm gunshy. I have to decide on my cooling solution because it will make a difference in the selected RAM. I suppose the sticky thread just contains users that have had issues with the product, so I'm interested if the issues with the noisy pumps have been resolved, and I'd love to hear from satisfied users... The units seem to be pretty well received by people on other forums that have used them. Soooo...

Are the problems confined to the unfortunate minority that have just had bad luck, or should I stay with "tried and true" air cooling for the CPU?

Any and all comments are welcome..

Heres the message from the Corsair Cooling Product Manager, It is in the "grinding/noisy" thread

“Corsair has now tracked down and fixed a rare and hard to reproduce issue on some of our Hydro series coolers, specifically the H60, H80, and H100 when used in combination with certain power supplies in certain circumstances. The failure will present itself as a buzz or hum, similar to a hard drive seek noise, and may disappear and reappear at random times. This issue affects a very small number of units, and typically is more prevalent on power supplies that provide higher than +12.2V on the +12V rail, which explains why some users have experienced multiple units with the same issue – they’re plugging them into the same power supply.

Regardless, this has since been corrected and we are now shipping units that do not experience the issue. If you’ve got a noisy H100, H80, or H60 unit, and the noise is coming from the pump (not the fans), we’d like to offer you a selective RMA. Please email us at RMAservice@corsair.com with the subject line “Hydro Series Buzz” and include your name, phone number, shipping address, and email address. We will contact you to start a replacement with a known good unit.

Thank you, and we appreciate your patience as we corrected this issue. “

Thanks Ram Guy...

But, I've now been reading that there is an upgraded version, H100i on the horizon. Don't know if I should try to wait for the introduction or not. If I bought now, could I do an upgrade if the improved version is forthcoming?

Thanks

As an addendum here, The Egg now has the H100 on special, with another $15 rebate from Corsair, which leads me to believe the rumored H100i is on the way after clearing old stock. That said, I always like a sale and would probably jump on this if..

1. I could be sure I was getting the new production... and

2. If I was reasonably sure that a new and updated version was not right around the corner.

• Corsair Employees
As an addendum here, The Egg now has the H100 on special, with another $15 rebate from Corsair, which leads me to believe the rumored H100i is on the way after clearing old stock. That said, I always like a sale and would probably jump on this if..

1. I could be sure I was getting the new production... and

2. If I was reasonably sure that a new and updated version was not right around the corner.

1. I am pretty sure that all the updated one have been distributed to different regions.

2. I have no comment on this one.

1. I am pretty sure that all the updated one have been distributed to different regions.

2. I have not comment on this one.

I hope your answer to question 2 is an affirmation that something new is on the horizon. Mainly because I have a new build on hold waiting for it..:[pouts:

Archived