Corsair Community

CMFSL3-64GB Does not work in USB 3.0 port

jinn

Hello,

The above mentioned drive works fine on the USB 2.0 port on my home pc. However, when i connect it to a USB 3.0 port, it says USB Device Not Recognized.

If i go into Device Manager -> USB Mass Storage Device , in the Device status it shows :

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The USB set SEL request failed.

I have tried running the Flash Drive on 2 different laptops with usb 3.0, and it works fine. However, I have 2 other USB External 3.0 Hard Drives which work fine on my Home PC. Not sure where the issue is?

Any guidance will be appreciated. Am using Asus p8h67-mle motherboard on Windows 8 64bit Release Preview, with the latest Bios and Latest Intel Chipset Drivers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same error here, Windows 8 RTM

When looking in Device Manager I see the following error (yellow exclamation mark):

The USB set SEL request failed, Code 10

Device on USB 2.0 port is fine, but not on USB 3.0 port.

Corsair Flash Voyager 32GB.

Any hints or solution?

The Device manager did not see the drive under the "Disk Drivers" nodes... The error is exposed as a USB Mass Storage Device under the Universal Serial Bus Controller node...

The error reported is:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The USB set SEL request failed."

Thanks a lot for your time!

• 2 months later...
Had same issue and the problem was with the Microsoft provided driver for the USB 3.0 controller. Once I installed the driver from the USB Host's manufacturer it worked fine. I was able to find the name of the manufacturer in Device Manager.

Archived