Corsair Community

Questions on Accelerator SSD Cache

yuppicide

I read some good reviews on the Accelerator and would like to purchase the 45 or 60GB models since they're faster.

I have an ECS motherboard.. A740GM-M V7 as seen here:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?CategoryID=1&DetailID=1083&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=1&LanID=0

Will the accelerator work for me? I read some posts online where it would not work with a certain Nvidia chipset. Mine is AMD.

Where will I get the latest software for the Accelerator once I do go to install it?

The initial review/s I read were positive, but now I read some bad reviews as well on NewEgg. Anyone here have experience with this?

Things I see - Website to get software not working, drive died after a few weeks, drive sometimes has problems and system took 15 minutes to boot.

But people who's unit works, seems to love it.

• Corsair Employees
We have not had a high failure rate on these products and most of the errors I see are sometimes compounded by the users lack of knowledge, and I don't mean any offense to anyone but knowing how basic drive configurations work as far as how a MB BIOS and O.S. assign drives and drive letters can be key with something like this. More complicated configurations can be more tricky to initially configure. However We all have these running on our workstations at work and we love them. As long as you are not using multiple HDD's and have a clean install of Windows 7 I doubt you will have any problems the install is fairly straight forward.

• Corsair Employees

Yes I would dissconnect any drives you dont need to boot the system when you install the data Plex software. And you can only install this on the drive with Boot loader installed.

IE if you boot to one drive but the O.S resides on another drive you will have issues getting it to work.

The system I'd be looking to install an Accelerator in has a 450GB hard drive that I boot onto and run Windows off of, plus I have a 2TB drive I use to hold whatever media files I'm working with at the time. Are you saying I should disconnect the data drive while setting up the Accelerator, then re-connect it once the Accelerator is up and running? I thought part of the software install lets you select which drive the Accelerator should cache for? Does that only work if I only give it one drive to choose from? Seems odd.

Archived