Corsair Community

Abit IC7 With TWINX2048-3200??

akazjay

i currently have a 2.4C overclocked to 3.3ghz with 1gb of pc2700 at 183mhz 3:2 ratio, since i have pc2700 i cant max out the full potential of my 2.4C and was hoping to upgrade to 2gb since i run a lot of applications and have a lot of windows opened. could someone recommend me a model with decent overclocking potential that can run decent timings at 220mhz+. also which would be better TWINX2048-3200?? or 2x TWINX1024?? price isnt really a issue since either would cost about the same. thanks in advance.

should i get 2 sets of Twinx1024-3200XL? if i go with 4 sticks performance mode would be turned off but it might result in higher overclocks. but the main reason is to have 2gb of ram with decent if not high potential overclock options. one last thing would you happen to know the overclocking potential of the Twinx2048 modules i cant seem to find anywhere that did a review of them.

• Corsair Employee
With 2 gig of memory you will not be able to attain as high of an over clock as you would with 1 gig! If you plan on over clocking I would suggest you just use 2 modules, either Twinx1024-3200XL for best performance, or Twinx2048-3200 for the most memory!

Archived