Corsair Community

K90 not working after Firmware update

Pharonic

I have had my k90 for around 4 months and it has been working fine no problem at all. I just reformatted my PC yesterday and decided it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware on the K90. I updated the K90 to Software Update - FW1.19 / SW 1.0.0.30 from the official website and after the instillation was complete it said successful. Right after, all the led lights turned off on the k90 and now, none of the macro, volume/media controls or special keys work on my k90. The only thing that seems to works is the basic keyboard. I tried it on another computer and same issue. I also tried to re-install the firmware on two different machines and kept getting the error "Cannot open USB device, please reinstall driver!". I have run out of ideas at this point. I noticed that multiple people have had this issue with this keyboard after updating. Is there anyway to factory reset the keyboard or fix this issue without having to exchange the unit?

Even after following directions from other posts, i have not been able to resolve my issue.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=573713

• Corsair Employees
Is this the official answer for the k90 problems? Corsair has simply given up on the keyboard?

We've been releasing updates all the time so I don't see how you got the interpretation we've "given up." Unfortunately though, if there was something that the firmware updater caused to have an issue like yours show up, the best thing is to replace it under RMA as Toasted suggested. This is to solve two things:

1.) It allows us to get the keyboard back to do an analysis.

2.) It saves you time and allows you to get a keyboard quicker to use that will work with the updates and firmware we've recently released.

If possible, can I get your PC spec's as well Pharonic?

• Corsair Employees
I annoyingly fell victim to this firmware update bug as well, I installed it twice just in case and it still didn't work, I did however install an older firmware and I can confirm that it indeed fix mine, it lights up and accepts macros again.

http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/drivers/K90_Firmware_1.18_Software_1.0.0.26.zip

Did you encounter issues where nothing worked on the keyboard but was able to get it back with 1.18? I am very interested in this so if you could provide me the details of what happend, the error message you got, and you did to fix it, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Did you encounter issues where nothing worked on the keyboard but was able to get it back with 1.18? I am very interested in this so if you could provide me the details of what happend, the error message you got, and you did to fix it, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I updated to 1.19, the updater said it was successful but the lights turned off, the bank of G keys, MR/M1-3/light control/windows button lock/media control/volume controls were all dead, just basic keyboard functionality worked, the other software that came with it wouldn't work (IE, light control through software didn't work), there was no error messages or anything throughout all of this.

Downloaded 1.18 and used the firmware updater that was in the zip file, launched and ran it, seems that it deletes any firmware first then injects 1.18 into it, the MR button lit up, tried all the previously dead functions and seemed to be fine afterwards.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I just got mine as a gift, and all worked perfectly, after connecting it. Then I downloaded the software from corsair website and bang! No lights, no macros, no playback controls. Version 1.19 is simply not working.

Flashing 1.18 brings it back to life.

Please fix it Corsair, it wasn't cheap keyboard.

Archived