Corsair Community

Asus Sabertooth Z77 with 32 GB RAM

BGI-YYZ

Hi all,

I am assembling my system and the only thing I haven't purchased yet is RAM. This is going to be a machine used mostly for AutoCAD and so maxing out RAM is what I'm interested in.

On Asus's website, the Z77 board's specs say it can use 32Gb of RAM (using a 64 bit OS). Why is it that if I use the Corsair Memory Guide, the best it gives me is 16Gb? I've noticed the same thing on some competitor's websites too. Is there a reason for this?

Also, what latency/timing would be best suited to my purposes? I'm a newbie here, so I believe my machine's specs are available in my profile.

Thanks in advance!

Good to know...it had me worried that all the recommendations topped out at 16Gb - although that might be enough, I want to go full bore. :)

Is there a particular model or latency that I should be looking for? Again, mostly CAD work as well as some Adobe products - mostly Photoshop.

• Corsair Employees

1. Z77 and X79 are basically the same chipset and both require the SPD to be Rev 1.3.

2. 4X Parts are tested on Intel X79 chipsets so would provide the best compatibility on both chipsets. However, "4A'/2A Parts will work on Z77 but if you are going to try and enable quad channel it will likely not work as well as it would with "4X' parts.

Archived