Corsair Community

cmx8gx3m2a1333c9 on M4A785TD-V EVO not working

PhenomX31

Hi I'm new to the forums and have been browsing the internet for a solution which, took me here.

As you may already know i have a M4A785TD-V EVO with 2x Corsair DDR3 2GB TW3X4G1333C9DHX (Ver 5.2) and has been that way for the past 2 years. I finally decided to go ahead and buy a pair of Corsair DDR3 8GB kit cmx8gx3m2a1333c9 (Ver 2.12), that's four in each stick with dual channel and would have looked exactly like this paired together http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0014BOQ54/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0 altogether I would have had over 12GB, max is 16 on mine.

The problem is I installed the cmx8gx3m2a1333c9 yesterday and got a start up with no beeps and silent fan noise and no output to the Samsung p2070 screen as if the new DIMMs caused a power drain, I tried everything like installing the new kit in different channels according to my M4A785TD-V EVO manual and taking out the old DIMMs kit, disconnecting HDDs CD drive etc and still got the silent start up. Before I attempt to send them back I want to know if anyone can identify the compatibility with the cmx8gx3m2a1333c9 part number to the CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 and CMX8GX3M4B1333C9.

Thanks for the reply, though, I think i did say if it wasn't clear that i tested the new memory DIMM's in all slots single and paired, Duel channel mode and Single channel but all I get is a system boot as if I have a hairline crack in the motherboard! when I remove them and put the old ones back in all is ok. A memory test would be useless, it is laughable as the description says the cmx8gx3m2a1333c9 is guaranteed to work on all AMD and intel cpu and motherboads.

Archived