Corsair Community

K90 essentially DOA?

worldwed

Hi all, first post unfortunately it's not positive but hopefully will be.

Got my K90 this morning delivered, plugged it in USB 2.0 ports on rear IO, booted system, downloaded latest driver/firmware package. Followed instructions in zip, installed firmware updater and then software.

The keyboard works but the drivers are clearly not, no LED's working, Macro keys not working, media keys not working. It only functions as a basic keyboard. I love all my corsair gear, other than my mouse and SSD, everything I could of gotten as corsair I have so far and no problems with anything.

I can see a few people seem to have had similar issues however re-installing the software did not work for me. I can't update the firmware again, displays message "Cannot open USB device, please plug the device into a USB port or reinstall driver!". I will also add I have attempted to use the keyboard with my other computer as well as laptop to no avail.

Really hoping I can get some help to get this brilliant product going as I am loving the keys, feel and design of this product.

Cheers,

worldwed

Yeah will shoot a request to PC Case Gear, they have always provided pretty good support so hopefully can organise a replacement. Was really hoping there would be an alternative though, I'm not even able to flash back to previous firmware :(

Archived