Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 & Windows 8 RTM

tkout

Is there any ETA on support for Windows 8? Love the headset but after a short period of use, I get severe distortion and restarting the Corsair USB Control Panel application sometimes fixes it.

Windows 8 has been out in pre-RTM for nearly a year so hopefully Corsair have been working on a new driver and it will be out soon.

• Corsair Employees

It isn't that we don't care, it's that we don't rush into releasing software for a Windows version that is 1.) not widely available yet 2.) has not been officially released and therefore can have changes implemented upon release which may conflict with drivers. I also don't get where people using Windows 8 is "very large."

If we did everything our competitors do, then we wouldn't stand out.

2.) has not been officially released and therefore can have changes implemented upon release which may conflict with drivers.
That part is incorrect. The gold version has been finished for 3 weeks now. The version on TechNet / MSDN isn't going to change until they start their normal patching schedule for Windows 8. At the same time that also means that the developers have only had the same time frame to test their drivers on the gold version of Windows 8.

• Corsair Employees
That part is incorrect. The gold version has been finished for 3 weeks now. The version on TechNet / MSDN isn't going to change until they start their normal patching schedule for Windows 8. At the same time that also means that the developers have only had the same time frame to test their drivers on the gold version of Windows 8.

Sorry I should have rephrased that when Windows 8 gets officially released, there may be patches and updates released for it that cause additional issues. It is best to release everything at near release date (either shortly before or after) to ensure we know any bugs aren't from Windows itself (as shown by the error 52 and one of the Microsoft updates in conflict with the Vengeance 1500).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Seems to work just fine.

Extract the setup file manually (I used 7-zip), set compatability mode Windows 7 for the extracted setup file. Install, restart (if you have to), and you're good to go :)

I just tested it on the retail version of Windows 8 x64 I got from MSDNAA using winrar and it worked like a charm.

• 3 years later...

Archived