Corsair Community

About corsair h60 connections

allavaneras

Hi people, first i'm sorry if this is a wrong place for post this....

I have an i7 2600k with a corsair h60 liquid cooler, and i dont' know if i really need to connect the pump in a CPU FAN OPT or in any chassis fan. Right now it's connect in a chassis fan and the fan for radiator is on the cpu fan. The rpm all the time is 4300 - 43xx rpm (pump). So i leave it like that or i need to connect the pump on cpu fan opt? thanks a lot :D::D::D:

Well, temps are all the time between 30 - 33 ºC on stuck, when i play video games for example, the new ghost recon, max temp cpu is over 56-57ºC, i think it's OK (no overclock of course). But can CPU FAN OPT makes the same funtion that the chassis fan?

I'm asking all this because my h60 has a push-pull config, but the second fan is connect directly on the power supply, so i can't control the 2nd one, and i'm gonna take it off to connect another one in the motherboard directly to control the fan. Thank you very much for the answer:D::D::D:

But can CPU FAN OPT makes the same funtion that the chassis fan?

It depends on the MB .Some will and some won't . If you have the ability to control the headers independantly,then yes.

I'm asking all this because my h60 has a push-pull config, but the second fan is connect directly on the power supply, so i can't control the 2nd one, and i'm gonna take it off to connect another one in the motherboard directly to control the fan.

Why not use one of these?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13900/cab-470/Akasa_PWM_Splitter_Cable_AK-CBFA04-15.html?tl=g2c251s636

Then you can connect both fans to the same header and still keep the PWM control.

emmm well, I got a sabertooth z77. It has cpu fan, cpu fan opt, and 4 chassis fans. Otherwise if i find some problems with the fan opt connection then i'll leave it in chassi fan

About that cable, never saw it, but here in my country (venezuela) it's gonna be a pain in the *** to find it jeje. Thanks a lot :D::D::D:

Archived