Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9D and CMP4GX3M2A1600C9 compatibility

alpiel91

Hi folks, i've been using the TW3X4G1600C9D kit without problems for almost three years overclocked to 1666Mhz with 1.8V. Today I went to a local store (I live in Chile) and bought an additional kit that at first glance seemed to be exactly the same kit I was using, perfect to increase my ram I thought.

I installed the kit and then my computer started to crash or freeze in either Mac OS or Wndows. Then I looked at the boxes and compared them, realizing that the barcode and another code (now I know it's the product number) were different. I searched for both, and saw that CMP4GX3M2A1600C9's (the kit i just bought) voltage was only 1.65V, so i resolved to set the ram speed to 1604Mhz and let te voltage be controlled automatically.

It's a bit more stable now, but i can't afford having thos crashes since i do serious work on my computer most of the time. I know that it's not recomended to mix kits, but it was almost impossible to diferentiate them, and now i'm stuck because this retailer has the policy that won't accept the product back once opened.

Is there any way i can solve the issues working with this two kits at the same time?

Hi alpiel91

It never good to mixte 2 kit ove memory even if it the same model and your 2 kit is not runnig with same voltage

If TW3X4G1600C9D and CMP4GX3M2A1600C9 ore not stable

Look for motherboard bios update as it improve compatiblility and stability ove system and set memory speed at 1333MHz it the maximum that Intel Core i5-750 CPU will run with out overclocking

http://ark.intel.com/products/42915/Intel-Core-i5-750-Processor-(8M-Cache-2_66-GHz)

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

My bios is up to date with its last version, so theres not much to be done about that. only things i could think about is that my psu is running short on watts or i should buy another new kit and get rid of the old one to have two equal kits.

Archived