Corsair Community

Corsair Link appears to be working a lot better now with my H100

Streetwolf

After my nth uninstall and reinstall of my V2 CL software things appear to be working better now. Don't ask me why it took a myriad of uninstall/reinstalls over the course of a month to get it working better.

Not to say there still aren't problems. My reported CPU temp in CL, which I was told is the average core temp, is about 5c too low for my 3770K. My thinking is that the CL software is not using the correct TjMax value to do it's calculation. As you know the TjMax is 105c on the 3770k not the usual 100c. Seems to much of a coincidence that 5c seems to be a common denominator here. Every other monitor I use reports my average core temp as 5c higher than CL even at idle. Even when I had CL uninstalled my other monitors were 5c higher so there is no butting of heads with CL.

Now I am going to list a few observations which I hope that an official Corsair rep will provide comments to.

1. The 5c temp thing as stated above.

2. CL starts up on the Taskbar and also in the Tray. Changing profiles from the TRAY does not work for me. All that works is exiting. Also there is no option to start CL with Windows. IMO CL should start with Windows and only go to the Tray and be fully functional like V1 did.

3. I am missing two hard drives on the software. I believe both of these are on my Marvell 9130 SATA AHCI 6G controller. The two reported drives are on my Intel Z77 Chipset SATA AHCI controller I believe.

4. I planned on upgrading to Windows 8 on 8/15 via Technet. I read in this forum that V2 does not work correctly on W8. Is this a fact? Is there a W8 CL beta floating around? I'll be happy to report how CL works with the RTM.

Be sure of what you are looking at? Many of the programs you mentioned are looking at the Core temps not the CPU Temp.

I was told that the so called CPU temp or Intel temp in v2 in CL is actually the Average Core temp. I believe COOL GUY told me this. It was a Corsair Rep. If it is CPU temp then things are way, way off. In this case CL reports a temp about 20c to high compared to the CPU temp of other monitors. So CL's temp is closer to average core temp except for the 5c difference which has to be a TjMax calculation error IMO.

CL software uses the same WMI info that other programs pull from. For our single temp point given, it is actually the average of the individual cores. Unless you have a program that specifically does this as well you wont see an exact match. Most monitoring programs will have CPU (Socket), CPU (package), and CPU cores. CL would not match any of those.

AI Suite is about 10 C lower than CL but it pulls its CPU temp from the PCB sensor. I was sure to run all the monitors separately so as not to cause any problems. I manually adjusted the TJmax in real temp to 105 since IB is supposedly different than SB. Aside from the cores and PCB where would there be T sensors for the CPU?

Multi core processors means multiple cores per CPU therefore an average of the cores would be "CPU T"

AI Suite is about 10 C lower than CL but it pulls its CPU temp from the PCB sensor. I was sure to run all the monitors separately so as not to cause any problems. I manually adjusted the TJmax in real temp to 105 since IB is supposedly different than SB. Aside from the cores and PCB where would there be T sensors for the CPU?

Multi core processors means multiple cores per CPU therefore an average of the cores would be "CPU T"

As I was told the temp reported by CL is the average core temp not the temp of the CPU. If you are comparing the actual CPU temp using AI Suite with CL's 'avg. core' temp then CL will be 10 or more degrees higher because CPU temp is always lower than core temps. This accounts for a lower value in AI Suite because you are comparing apples to oranges. In other words CPU temp(AI) to Average Core temp(CL).

As mentioned the CL software does not work under Windows 8. I just tried it with W8 RTM. Oh well guess we have to wait.

ive got bad vibes about win8,i think there will be lots of issues with it as i think they geared it up for touch tablet and not so much for the regular desktop.

ive got bad vibes about win8,i think there will be lots of issues with it as i think they geared it up for touch tablet and not so much for the regular desktop.

I was thinking the same thing for some time now after seeing videos on it.....they did it for "ARM" which I still don't understand wtf it is lol....and the ui style is very Touch Screen Friendly....idk about pc users unless they go touch screen on W8.......lets hope they don't sell pc users out to tablets as there are prolly more of those than PC users just like gaming consoles have taken over the gaming market over PC for quite some time now and most games look crappy (Graphically). PC or GTFO! :beatchair lol :P

Windows 8 definitely has a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde feel to it. It want's to be both a touch tablet and a desktop PC. It's going to take lots of patience to get used to the way it works IMO. Takes me forever to find things. I don't like W8 but will probably go with it at some point.

Archived