Corsair Community

BSODs happening constantly with CML16GX3M4A1600C9B

glifchits

Hi everyone,

I built my new system about a month ago. Pretty much from day one I've been getting a ridiculous amount of blue screens.

The message that appears most frequently is "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT". Other messages include "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION", and "An uncorrectable hardware error has occurred."

The BSODs happen randomly, sometimes they occur shortly after the PC boots into Windows. Sometimes I've noticed that I'm browsing in Chrome, and the pages fail to display, instead showing "Aw, Snap!" message. I refresh them and it works but then the BSOD happens (this one is usually memory management).

I ran Memtest86+ a while back and a ton of tests failed on "L3 cache", but I've read (and hope) that its highly unlikely to be a processor fault.

Please help me out! What should I RMA first?

I ran Memtest86+ a while back and a ton of tests failed on "L3 cache", but I've read (and hope) that its highly unlikely to be a processor fault.

It is unlikely,but it does happen from time to time.

You may also want to pull the CPU from the socket and inspect it for bent pins or any discolored marks on the contact points on the CPU.

Archived