Corsair Community

H60 pump is showing 0 rpm in bios, cpu overheating and automatically shutting off pc.

Fulcrum89

I just received my H60 from Newegg yesterday and by all external appearances it seemed fine. I installed it, plugged in the fan to the cpu fan pins, which spins at 2k RPM, and plugged the pump into my sys fan 1 pins on my Gigabyte z77x ud3h mobo. Noticed that my temp was approaching 90 degrees C and checked my fan speed to see that it was registering 0 RPM. I plugged in a 120mm fan into the same sys fan 1 pins to test it and it spun up to 1k RPM. I tested both on a second set of fan pins on my mobo with identical results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

id recheck all the connections,i highly doubt the unit is totally dead

many times we get a new toy and think it hooked right but isnt

i just hooked more leds and had a slew of problems simply because i assumed

also make SURE all the pins in the molex is connected,they can get pushed out of the socket

fulcrum,your right there is none,i apologize for the bad info

i looked at mine and it was another cable running along my block ,

if you replace then newegg would be your quikest route,i deal with them alot and have never have had a problem w/ returns

I am disappointed, but it's just bad luck. I figured that at least one of my parts might have a problem after being tossed around in ups trucks for a week. I'll get in touch with newegg and get this process rolling. Definitely want to stick with the liquid cooling though.

Archived