Corsair Community

SP2500 Sub

lovemnd

Hi.

Bought these babies a few months ago and love it.

Never had a problem playing music at high volumes, the sub always produced.

But lately whenever I play music at higher volumes, the sub still produces, but there's this noise that been bothering me. The sound quality is not distorted or crackling whatsoever, it has nothing to do with the sound itself. It's the sub. Kind of hard to describe the sound.. It's like when you have things about your room that shakes/moves when the sub is hitting hard, you would hear this rambling sound, and right now it's coming from the sub. Near the top right/mid section. I only hear it when I turn it up. At mid levels it's totally perfect. I don't wanna Rma since it's not really broken.. Is there no way to fix it myself?

Hi.

Bought these babies a few months ago and love it.

Never had a problem playing music at high volumes, the sub always produced.

But lately whenever I play music at higher volumes, the sub still produces, but there's this noise that been bothering me. The sound quality is not distorted or crackling whatsoever, it has nothing to do with the sound itself. It's the sub. Kind of hard to describe the sound.. It's like when you have things about your room that shakes/moves when the sub is hitting hard, you would hear this rambling sound, and right now it's coming from the sub. Near the top right/mid section. I only hear it when I turn it up. At mid levels it's totally perfect. I don't wanna Rma since it's not really broken.. Is there no way to fix it myself?

have this problem at high volume too. Port noise, I guess?

Seems to be noticeable when the sub goes really low, and there are no "loud" scene. I will then be able to hear it

I just purchased them yesterday and this is my only complaint with them...port noise. It only happens with very low frequencies and substantial volumes. I've found that playing with the EQ on my soundcard helps reduce it, but also lowers the overall output of the sub

I just purchased them yesterday and this is my only complaint with them...port noise. It only happens with very low frequencies and substantial volumes. I've found that playing with the EQ on my soundcard helps reduce it, but also lowers the overall output of the sub

yup, but I would say its normal coz sealed sub are not normally cheap to produce. But I would take the bass output of this speaker over that crappy boom boom bass of logitech's any day :cool:

I know I spent several 4-5 hours playing with EQ settings to get them as I like them. I only have the bass port sound at high volumes during very low frequency production on the sub (60hz and below). I'm probably just trying to push it too hard :)

Archived