Corsair Community

Latency settings xl3200 pro/Asus A8V mobo

The Trout

I recently built a new computer (I haven't done this for a few years), naturally I wanted the best memory, so I picked up a gig of Corsair PRO XL 3200, which stated it would boot at 2,2,2,5. As far as I can tell, it seems to be booting at 2,3,2,5. I know I could change this setting in the BIOS, but I'm concerned I may be altering a setting that I'm not supposed to. In essence does anybody know what the 2,2,2, and 5 refer to in the bios? on an Asus A8V deluxe. Thanks to anyone who offers advice

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T The 3 is the tRCD one. You can change it manually without worrying about it. Some motherboards are unable to set the timings so aggressively by themselves.

Thanks for the help. This was pretty much what I thought I should do, but wanted some confirmation beforehand, after all this is fairly expensive RAM! By the way how do I get to show my sytem info with the post? I may have a simillar system to someone else, that I can help.

• Corsair Employees
If you go into User CP you can add a signature for the system spec. And I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and set the timings as Wired suggest's: SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

Thanks everyone, I changed the settings yesterday, what will changing the dim voltage do to performance? However Asus probe has indicated a fault in the fans on the power supply, I'm going to monitor it over the weekend. I have already contacted my retailer who said he'd replace it as soon as I bring it back, it's a bit of a shame because it's a much quieter powersupply now! :sigh!:

Archived