Corsair Community

new build

billythekid2012

Hi all

just build a new ivy- z77 build and need some info.

I have the 500r and H100 and changed the stock fans to on the

H100 to

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39405

SO now i have 2 xtra fans the stock fans can i still use the old fan and do a push and pull or does all for fan have to match.

Now what would be the best way for the air flow make the fans blowing out from the top of the case or have then blowing air in to the case .

that about it.

ps hope i get some help

Always look if you can to install same fans for push-pull configuration and CPU is hot better make exhaust to blow air out of case. With intake you will have probably 1-2C better CPU temps but far worse temps of other components than if you install exhaust. Special if you have some open graphic cards non reference design and that graphic blow air in case too. Than you can easy make 10C worse temps of everything. Because of that I'm always for non reference cards with double RAM but must blow air out of case.

you'd get better performance from the OE H100 fans and use the AF120 as case fans. they have nominal cfm for low noise, but not efficient for air performance on a radiator.

the two front intake fans are a good place for the AF120 to breathe new air into the case.

airdeano

you'd get better performance from the OE H100 fans and use the AF120 as case fans. they have nominal cfm for low noise, but not efficient for air performance on a radiator.

the two front intake fans are a good place for the AF120 to breathe new air into the case.

airdeano

i have to agree with the stockers,i have a slew of different fans and none compare to the h100 fans

some complain about the noise on high rpm but thats with all hi flow fans

• 2 weeks later...

I stay on stock fans too it's good. Now I know why some people have idle temps 35-36C with IB and H100.

That is with C1 Enable on stock clock and I have 37C now with 2-3 browser open with 35C in town because my C1 is enabled. But when CPU work always on Turbo than is

46-47C load. I keep everything on stock until buy new graphic card. For 5870 no need 3770K to work with more than Turbo enabled. And my comp working and over night better to work on 35C with C1 enabled when download something.

And H100 fans is not loud at all for daily use on 3.5-4.5GHz, Balanced Mode is enough except for testing on that clock.

And on Balanced H100 stock fans work bellow MAX speed for that mode in games on 4.5GHz.

i just read this on another post The Corsair Air SP120 High Static Pressure fan has exactly what the H100 needs, high static pressure, or force to push air through the fins. The AP15's while quality fans, are not the best on the market. Better fans than the AP15 include the Noctua NF-F12 (designed for higher static pressure), the Sanyo Denki 9S1212F401, and NoiseBlocker M12-P's. What I don't know is, whether the H100 can drive those other fans, if not, I would plug them into the motherboard and let it control them - plugging the H100 into the PSU. I'm assuming the H100 can drive Corsair's own Air SP120 High Static Pressure fan, static pressure is very good at 3.1mm H2O (the AP15 is 2.057). What to watch out for is, Corsair makes a very similar fan, but it's the Quiet edition, static pressure on that is only 1.29.

now i don.t know what to think

Corsair's H100 fans at full blast have a static pressure of 7.7, but at the cost of 39 dBA. Can you imagine two of those running? I would change the fans to something else, mainly to reduce the noise level, maybe the Noctua NF-F12's or NoiseBlocker M12-P's (in a push/pull configuration).

Noise may bother you but may not bother others. Also keep in mind if you change the fans to anything else besides the stock ones, you will need to run them from the MB or a seperate fan controller because they will not be able to be controlled by the H-100 itself.

• Corsair Employees
so your saying the h100 can,t control them i have to plug them in to the mother board.

Yes, the controller on the H100 will run them at max speed all the time. If you want them to controller then its best to connect them directly to the MB.

Archived