Corsair Community

h80 loose?

DXA

alright , i got H80 and when i screw the X1 with the X4 screw i feel it's loose

so is that normal and u guys have loose too or i got thin mobo ?

if your referring to the backplate,that will be a little loose till you mount the h80

if your referring to the backplate,that will be a little loose till you mount the h80

i don't think u understand me well , i mean the backplate is on loose , i mean even if i mount the H80 there will be losse because it's not tight up well due to the (blackplate screw x1) is higher than my mobo

thanks for replaying well i installed it and it's solid and good , but i do have aproblem

after pluggin the fan connector to the mobo fan cpu connector i had abig problem with with the power connector well i was trying to put it inside the powersupply power connector and the wire just pop up from the plastic cover well now i can't get it back so i just grab the two wires and connected to the power supply power connector so it's not covered and it wasn't easy job

any idea abou these ??

Presumably you are referring to the H80's "Molex" power connector?

And, from what you describe, the pins have become dislodged and fallen out of the plastic housing of the H80's Molex connector completely? Looking something like this?....

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/22/600x450px-LL-22cbbf1a_IMG00847-20120131-0733.jpeg

Sometimes the pins can be quite loose within the H80's Molex, and if too much force is used to connect them, some have been known to be pushed out of the plastic housing of the Molex connector.

Ideally, they do require putting back in place, and it would probably be best to do so if you can.

It can be a bit fiddly to do, but they should go back in, once in place, use a small screwdriver to manipulate the crimps at the base of the pins that hold the pins in place. Make sure when you put the pins back into the plastic housing to get the pins the right way round too, as one of them will be the +12V pin, the other a Ground Pin.

Then, very carefully reconnect the male to female Molex connectors, ensuring that the pins remain in place.

If you have pulled the pins out of the H80's Molex completely as in the above picture, and then simply plugged them into a Molex from your PSU, it's not exactly ideal. There could always be the concern of unshielded pins coming into contact with something that could spell trouble or be terminal.

At the very least, if you can't get the pins back into place within the Molex, use some quality Electricians tape to shield them properly and hold them in place.

Otherwise, you may need to consider contacting Corsair and see what input they may have on your specific issue if you are completely unsure about what to do next.

thanks for ur replaying and yes u understanded me correctly well my power supply is though :(:

well for now i will go and try to put it back again , and back with updates hope it's gonna work ,

Presumably you are referring to the H80's "Molex" power connector?

And, from what you describe, the pins have become dislodged and fallen out of the plastic housing of the H80's Molex connector completely? Looking something like this?....

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/22/600x450px-LL-22cbbf1a_IMG00847-20120131-0733.jpeg

Sometimes the pins can be quite loose within the H80's Molex, and if too much force is used to connect them, some have been known to be pushed out of the plastic housing of the Molex connector.

Ideally, they do require putting back in place, and it would probably be best to do so if you can.

It can be a bit fiddly to do, but they should go back in, once in place, use a small screwdriver to manipulate the crimps at the base of the pins that hold the pins in place. Make sure when you put the pins back into the plastic housing to get the pins the right way round too, as one of them will be the +12V pin, the other a Ground Pin.

Then, very carefully reconnect the male to female Molex connectors, ensuring that the pins remain in place.

If you have pulled the pins out of the H80's Molex completely as in the above picture, and then simply plugged them into a Molex from your PSU, it's not exactly ideal. There could always be the concern of unshielded pins coming into contact with something that could spell trouble or be terminal.

At the very least, if you can't get the pins back into place within the Molex, use some quality Electricians tape to shield them properly and hold them in place.

Otherwise, you may need to consider contacting Corsair and see what input they may have on your specific issue if you are completely unsure about what to do next.

alright , i did it with tongs tool and the wire came not in the middle but to the other way they are both in 12v and ground well it was not easy at all , my heart was fallen , and i wouldn't recommened to any one try that ever , unless corsair said that , i hope they find solution to these sort of wires so it can be solid and connected easliy with any power supply that could be a trouble if the power connector has small or tough pins

one more thing to ask that the wires not at there usual tide as it was together so it doesn't matter which wire as long both connected to 12v and ground right?

Archived