Corsair Community

Asus P4P800S SE with DDR3200

PAK-9

Hello I recently bought an Asus P4P800S SE ([url]http://uk.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4p800s-se/overview.htm[/url]) and a 3gig P4E CPU, the only problem is I totally screwed up buying my ram. Originally I bought 2x512mb of Value Select 400mhz NP C2.5 but I stuck it in the mboard and it didnt work. So then I though 'what the hell' I'll just get some really good ram, so I got 2x512 dimms of CMX512-3200C2PT :sunglasse .... but it didnt work either :(: .... I called Asus and they told my my chipset didnt support CL2 doh! So before I splurge more money (and waste more of my time) can you please tell me what ram my motherboard is compatible with. I want to get DDR3200 (which I know it supports) and preferably CL2.5. I was going to buy off their approved list on that link I posted above, but I cant find the corsair stuff ANYWHERE (the CMX512A-3500C2 XMS3502V1.1 stuff). Is there an alternative? Any help appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
First thing, either of these modules will work with this MB, and the fact that it will not even post with either module would suggest some other problem! I would suggest you use a slower CPU and update the bios to 1.005 or newer and in order to run this CPU you need to have hardware revision 1.01 or newer as well! Taken from [URL=http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx]ASUS MB CPU Support[/URL] __________________________________________Revision/Bios P4-3.40E GHz (800 FSB, L2 cache:1MB, HT, 90nm) 1.01 1005

Actually my CPU is a 3gig not a 3.4gig, but your still right that I need a new bios update to 1005. You said "either of these modules will work with this MB" but Asus told me on the phone that the chipset wouldn't support a CAS latency of 2 , so don't I need to get some CL2.5? I'd appreciate a specific part number so I can order the ram, I'll probably get whatever XMS is 3200 CL2.5 if you say its compatible.

Archived