Corsair Community

Compatibility with P8z77-vPro and CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9

fnetik

Hi All,

Firstly thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and hopefully reply to this thread.

I have just installed CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 into my P8Z77VPro.

I realise that I accidently purchased the CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9, rather than the CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 which is actually on the QVL. (I hope you notice the X in the first model number and the A in the second)

It does however have the same timings and voltage, so I'm not sure how the modules are that different?? (if this is a ridiculous newbie complaint I am sorry)

It does not boot with all the DIMMS installed, occasionally when I run the Mem OK, it runs for a little while then turns itself off. I can get it to run for a while with 4GB in slot A2, but again I have to run Mem OK. (it says to save the memory settings - I go into the bios and hit f10 to save changes, but it might not re-boot the next time i turn it off.

I have not run Memtest, and I will try and do this this afternoon.

What I'm wondering is:

- Is my ram just not compatible???

- Might there be a problem with the mobo??

- Am i missing something obvious??

thanks dom

You could try setting the DIMM voltage to 1.55 or even 1.6v and the system agent .2volts above default. But only add what you need to get them stable.

I would run the modules through memtest to see if you have a bad stick before you send them in. This could easily be MB related too.

Anyway, test each stick in the first slot and let them run for about 3 passes or until you get an error. No sense in going any further if they error. At least on that slot.

If you have any failing modules , test that module in the other slots to see if it is indeed that module or maybe a bad slot.

I would hate to see you send in perfectly good RAM

Archived