Corsair Community

same memory different versions.

treatless_one

I just bought my second stick of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT 512MB, but my first stick was a v. 1.1 and the new one is a v. 3.1. Will they play together well? I am waiting for my new mobo, an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nForce3 (socket 939); my old mobo a chaintech vnf3-250 wouldn't take the old (v.1.1) ram but would take the new one pretty ok. Any input would be of great help...

• Corsair Employees
No, I am sorry they may not work together! With this MB and most that are on the market you would need to have a matching pair if you want to run more than one module! And one of the reason's we came out with our Twinx sets!

You have been very enlightening, sir. Would you please elaborate on RMA's with your entry on this thread: [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27526[/url] Thread post no. 3.? Would this apply in my case? if so, any ideas on how to fill up the RMA form with regards to incompatibility of versions but not exactly defective products? Appreciate your time and attention. :D:

I apologize if I gave the impression that I bought the sticks together or within a short period of time. I bought the v. 1.1 on 12/02/02 from ZZF (then GoogleGear). I liked its performance so much that I ordered another one 2 weeks ago (8/11/04) from ZZF. And that's how I ended up with the v. 3.1. I just assumed that since they had the same nomenclature/item no., it would be the same product... Turned out how wrong I was. The website didn't mention any version no. doh! :[pouts:

Archived