Corsair Community

H100 problems only 4 days old!

aerocool

gday ladies and gents

my name is kenny, from australia and i've just built my new system

i opted to go for the H100 cause of its simple design, and i bought a 600t in white just so i could fit the H100

now, i wished i didnt buy any corsair products, really buzz killed me

my H100 does not respond to any input or output from the fan controller

might be lucky with having a very quiet pump, but unlucky with the fan speed

when i boot the computer up, it goes high, then low (awesome)

then it would hunt up and down, up and down, up and down,

even if i was doing nothing on the computer (idling on desktop, watching RealTemp telling me its idling at 1600mhz)

okay, that got really anoyying so i decided to reset the firmware by following the instructions

to the part when i hold the button for 5 secs whilst turning on the computer, ALL 4 LIGHTS illuminate, even the (person) light came on.

so i shut it down and started it up again

boot it up, starts high and then low speed, now, it just stays on low, which is great,

but running prime95 just to raise the temps, it was sitting at 72 degress and the fan did not wind up or raise RPM, stuck at the same low speed.

now... what do i do?

i bought the h100, thats fine, i bought the 600T to accomdate the H100. i'm stuck in a situation i wished i never got into!!

someone help me before i really set it on fire!

kenny :]

Come on, all of us expirienced some kind of problems, this is last technology everything will be OK.

If I understand your 600T is OK. Why you blame case for possibile controller problem.

In my country people cry for 600T White but nobody import.

First install some different monitoring software, than wait, try 5 times, 10 times,

give some time to respond. Hold button 5-10-15 sec, shut down and turn on comp few times.

I hear for few cases in Croatia and Serbia people think controller don't work than sudenly tomorrow start to work.

If someone have bad luck with HW thats me, but I decide no more anger because electronic and I buy only brands where service is OK, CORSAIR/EVGA.

If after 2-3 days controller refuse to speed up fans during Prime95/LinX than time is for RMA. You can always connect fans on case controller or motherboard but you probably want everything to work 100% that's normal.

I have little higher temps and I hear bad noise for pump. I decide to stay with my cooler. I wait few months to buy and I won't to separate with my H100. :) I have another H70 to install until new come but no.

I hear sometimes in morning more and when fan is on low more, now I pump is 100% silent and put ear on radiator on top and can't hear pump. It will start tomorrow again 99% when turn PC because it's known problem but never mind.

Forgive me but I do not understand your post. If you set up your H100 correctly then the fans are plugged into the H100 pump and the pump is connected to your PSU via a molex connector and there is a single-lead cable connected to your CPU_FAN header. If so, then you would have no way to know how fast your fans are turning. The only RPM information you would have is the pump's speed, not the fans. The fans' speed varies based on the coolant temperature and I believe it's only ±10% or so from the three pre-defined thresholds. Changing from one profile to another is audible (at least it was on my H100 before I swapped the stock fans for a pair of SP120s) but within one profile by itself was never audible to me. Lastly, you didn't state whether or not you are using the stock fans. If you are not, then there is a very good chance that the H100 cannot control them in which case nothing would change with fans regardless of CPU temperature.

thanks for the replys guys

i'm not blaming the 600t corsair case

i'm blaming the H100, as i bought a case specifically made to fit the case (i wanted another case, but the H100 did not fit it)

i wanted a case where i didnt have to modified or cut it or drill or cable tie, just a clean install

regardless or what ambient temp or morning night or day, currently it's stuck on the low setting, the temps keep rising as i run prime 95 for 10minutes or more

whilst gaming (diablo 3) i got the temps sitting around the 60-70 mark,for me, thats high, even my coolermaster V6GT was sitting at a constant 34-40degress

atm its sitting on 25-32, which is fine cause im doing absolutely nothing.

it's just annoying, my brothers h100 works fine, push the button, fan's speeds up, push the button onto low, it slows down. with mine, nothing, not even a buzz, just stuck on 1 constant speed, no matter how hot or buttons i press.

Forgive me but I do not understand your post. If you set up your H100 correctly then the fans are plugged into the H100 pump and the pump is connected to your PSU via a molex connector and there is a single-lead cable connected to your CPU_FAN header. If so, then you would have no way to know how fast your fans are turning. The only RPM information you would have is the pump's speed, not the fans. The fans' speed varies based on the coolant temperature and I believe it's only ±10% or so from the three pre-defined thresholds. Changing from one profile to another is audible (at least it was on my H100 before I swapped the stock fans for a pair of SP120s) but within one profile by itself was never audible to me. Lastly, you didn't state whether or not you are using the stock fans. If you are not, then there is a very good chance that the H100 cannot control them in which case nothing would change with fans regardless of CPU temperature.

thank you for the advice.

everything is plugged in the way it should (same as i installed it for my brother, his one works a.o.k)

i'm currently using the standard fans it came with.also tried my brothers fan's and it does the same thing, i used my fans on his controller, and yes it goes quick and slow via the button, so i narrowed it down to the fan speed controller,)

but hey at least my pump isnt grinding and buzzing like alot of the others

sighh

I forgot to mention this in my prior post. I always ran my H100 with its stock fans on the medium profile. I believe that means that the fans were supposed to run between 1300 and 2000 RPM depending upon coolant temperature. That means at the most they were running at 2000 RPM (and that would have been only under Prime95 or Linpack). I changed my stock fans for a pair of the SP120 fans which can't be controlled by the H100. So they're plugged into the motherboard and running at full speed all of the time (roughly 2250 RPM though they're rated at 2350). But, and here's the kicker, they're actually quieter than the stock fans were. So that means I'm getting better noise from the SP120s than I was from the stock fans that were probably running at 1850 or so much of the time (again one can't tell since they're plugged into the pump). I'm not trying to talk you into spending more of your hard earned money. I'm just saying that if the H100 isn't regulating your fans and you would rather not RMA you could switch to the SP120s and get probably better performance at no worse noise and maybe less noise.

I forgot to mention this in my prior post. I always ran my H100 with its stock fans on the medium profile. I believe that means that the fans were supposed to run between 1300 and 2000 RPM depending upon coolant temperature. That means at the most they were running at 2000 RPM (and that would have been only under Prime95 or Linpack). I changed my stock fans for a pair of the SP120 fans which can't be controlled by the H100. So they're plugged into the motherboard and running at full speed all of the time (roughly 2250 RPM though they're rated at 2350). But, and here's the kicker, they're actually quieter than the stock fans were. So that means I'm getting better noise from the SP120s than I was from the stock fans that were probably running at 1850 or so much of the time (again one can't tell since they're plugged into the pump). I'm not trying to talk you into spending more of your hard earned money. I'm just saying that if the H100 isn't regulating your fans and you would rather not RMA you could switch to the SP120s and get probably better performance at no worse noise and maybe less noise.

really appreciate your input

ended up getting my refund from the shop i bought it from

so i went to another shop just then and picked up a new H100 (totally different shop)

this time, fans still stuck on low,and i've got the dreaded pump noise (turned off all the case fans and h100 fans and left the pump running, sounds like dry bearings)

so i quickly turned off the computer and removed the system

really. it's got me confused.

bios settings are set to FULL ON (asrock z77 pro 3)

and the asrock xtreme tune application is set on LEVEL 10 (meaning full on too)

leads to me, this one is faulty aswell!

Well I'm very happy and surprised corsair actually got back to me

My fans rpm sensor or sensor of some sort died

So they offered to send me a pair of brand new fans free of charge

Happy with the service and everything, after all don't they test the items and products before sending them out instead of being doa when customers buy it? Don't really get it case it saves us and the company slot of headaches and money!!!

Archived