Corsair Community

CMT8GX3M2B2133C9 Blue screen to no post

java.lu.cpp

hi everyone

I just build a system with CMT8GX3M2B2133C9 on asus Maximus V gene, i7 3770K. The system worked for a week under 100 percent load and over clocked, it passed all the stress tests and some other simple diagnostic tools. However it started to blue screen every day, and later every few hour. I tried to update the bios, however that only made things better for about couple of days. Now it only boot for about 20 seconds before it restart with no post(stuck on post code 00). Each time i have to drain the power for few hours before it would boot up for an other 20 seconds. The system is running corsair H100 cooling, so no over heating issues. I have tried a bunch of things like XMP, 1333, 1.65V, and it seems i just don't have enough knowledge and kept making it worse. Here is where it gets really complicated, I have no access to the box, it is sealed away for security reasons. Only things i have is wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, I suppose to use WiDi monitor but i got permission to use HDMI, and the power cord to the machine room. I can't change out the RAM, the whole system is basically cemented in a bomb prof case and locked away in a safe room. If i were to change the ram, they will have to set fire to it, crash it before i can get my hands on it.

Thank you for your support

Sincerly yours

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Ram Guy <ramguy@corsair.com> wrote:

Hi Java,

The only thing I can suggest is to ensure the BIOS is updated as without access to the physical memory, it would be hard to troubleshoot what could be causing the issue. From what you described, it could be anywhere from bad memory (memtest would be able to confirm this if you could keep the machine on), to bad DIMM slots on the mother,a faulty memory controller on the CPU, or even a bad CMOS battery (rare but happens). Is there anyway to get access to the main hardware at all? Otherwise I do not believe you’ll be able to get to the root of the issue.

It almost sounds as if you pushed your overclock too far and damaged the CPU. Especially if you were running the memory at 2133mhz and overclocked too!

But as RG stated without any access to the hardware, there really is no way to trouble shoot the issue.

Basics would be to run memtest on each stick individually with memtest, because testing them together may not be accurate or really get to the root of the problem

Archived