Corsair Community

Creating a Y connector for multi-wire pins

lenkid

Hi, sorry if this was discussed before but I couldn't find it with search.

I'm custom-making a set of wires with sleeves for my AX850, and of course one of the problems is sleeving pins with multiple wires. For these pins, would it be okay/safe to create a Y connection in the middle of the cable (solder together the two wires from the PSU into one wire), so a single wire is put into the connector?

For an example, I am following the guide here at step 16 onwards: http://www.overclock.net/t/1175308/sleeving-the-beginners-guide

I just want to make sure i'm not exceeding the maximum load on the single wire by connecting the two wires from the PSU in this fashion.

Note: I'm looking in particular at the 24-pin connector for AX850. I see it uses 22 awg and 18 awg wire for these multi-wire pins. I plan on using 18awg across the board (for both wires coming out of PSU, and for the wire going into 24-pin). Is this okay as well?

Thanks for your time!

still voids the warranty if you use any harness other than the original right out of the PSU, and extension after that is ok i believe.

not trying to talk you out of it, just giving you a heads up on the consequences if the PSU fails. ;)

Archived