Corsair Community

Bad Interface Card

ranxerox

My interface card went south on me yesterday. The digital readout is blank the flow meter goes at half speed. The PC powers up for about 6 seconds and then gets shut off by the card. I've isolated it to only the card. Tried a separate power supply and a completely different PC with the same results. Here is my problem: I'm dealing with a person at Corsair warranty who cannot help me because the part number I am giving her is one she is unfamiliar with...There is a white sticker on the card that says "Corsair 0330248" another number that is printed directly on the board reads "w50-00125c". There are no other numbers in the manual to refer to. I made it very clear that this was not a RAM product. The response I received was: "I'm sorry William but our parts begin with TWINX,CMX,CM or VS." This was after several emails explaining at GREAT length my specific problem. Why am I even being asked to do the leg work on this? Corsair sells but one water cooling unit, right? Can any moderators help me on this? I'm not trying to cause a stir, just want the thing working the way its supposed to. Thanks. P.S.-When it was working, the thing works great! I recommend it. I've been a Corsair customer for several years and am always pleased with the product. This CS rep is rubbing me the wrong way though...if you can't help the customer, instead of sending three emails back stating you can't, get me in touch with someone who can. <end bad day transmission>

Sounds like whomever you talked to thought you were talking about memory, not a Hydrocool system. I'll contact Ram Guy about this right now, but you may want to call again in the meantime, as I'm unsure of how long it takes the RMA process for a HydroCool.

If you want to get just the PCI card replaced you will have to spell it out for them. Let her know that you have a Hydrocool and you want to get a replacement PCI bracket. If you want to RMA the whole unit (PCI bracket & Hydrocool unit) the part # would be HC200-1001 or HC200EX-1010 if you have the EX model. They should be able to do either for you. If they are not responsive about just sending the PCI bracket you can email [email]coolguy@corsairmemory.com[/email] as well to get just a bracket.

[quote name='Wired']Sounds like whomever you talked to thought you were talking about memory, not a Hydrocool system. I'll contact Ram Guy about this right now, but you may want to call again in the meantime, as I'm unsure of how long it takes the RMA process for a HydroCool.[/QUOTE] Thanks for your help, guys. Yes though, I tried to be as specific as possible as to the fact that it is a seperate card from the main unit. I just sent back an email with the HC200EX-1001 number to get the ball rolling. Let me ask you this: Would it be wise to send the whole unit back instead of just the card? It seems like it's just the card, but if something went bad in the card is there anything in the main housing that might have went bad too? Maybe I'm best off just sending the whole thing back for an A-OK? Thanks, Ranx

If you believe it to just be the card I would suggest just having the PCI card replaced first. They should be able to just send you one as soon as they have your address. If you needed to return the whole unit it would probably take longer. If the PCI card doesn’t solve your problem then send in the whole unit. I know this seems to be going terribly far, but have you tried using a normal heat sink fan to test the unit to make sure there is not something else shutting down your system? For the Hydrocool to shut down your system it would have to think it was overheating. Just a thought.

[quote name='SpDFre@k']If you believe it to just be the card I would suggest just having the PCI card replaced first. They should be able to just send you one as soon as they have your address. If you needed to return the whole unit it would probably take longer. If the PCI card doesn’t solve your problem then send in the whole unit. I know this seems to be going terribly far, but have you tried using a normal heat sink fan to test the unit to make sure there is not something else shutting down your system? For the Hydrocool to shut down your system it would have to think it was overheating. Just a thought.[/QUOTE] Yes, tried it on an entirely different system. It shuts off after 5-6 seconds. Removing the power Y-plug from the loop and replacing the substituting the water block with a normal heat sink yields a normal boot-up.

[quote name='ranxerox']Yes, tried it on an entirely different system. It shuts off after 5-6 seconds. Removing the power Y-plug from the loop and replacing the substituting the water block with a normal heat sink yields a normal boot-up.[/QUOTE] ranxerox did the display ever lite up, or the turbo botton works?

Archived