Corsair Community

Force GS Benchmark

Dakara

Hi Dakara

Your 4 new Force GS run in AHCI mode?

Very good benchmarck for a AMD chipset.

You are the first i see with a AMD chipset that run full potentiel ove sata3 SSD

Your Asus Crosshair Formula V have a good chipset

We can see the diferance betwen a cheap motherboard and a extrem serie motherbaord.

Force GS benchmarck is a litle faster then Force GT

But, as i don't use the same controller we can not expect same speed, even if we have the same SSD. As you have 240GB SSD and i have 120Gb SSD, it could affect benchmarck.

Force GS max write 567117MB/s read 628654MB/s

Force GT max write 536870MB/s read 573852MB/s

Have you tink ove making a rain 0 airway

2 ssd 938585MB/s write 1034931MB/s read

3 ssd 1388459MB/s write 1516957MB/s read

4 ssd 1740479MB/s write 1968964MB/s read

I have buy a other force GT for a total ove 5 but i did not make test because i have to make a new install ove windows to add a SSD to my raid 0 airway. I aim not sure if a gone to buy a other one to reach to maximum ove 2800MB/s from my highpoint 2720SGL controller. not bad for a 200$ pcie 8x SAS/SATA3controlleur. But if i wait for to buy a other SSD to reinstall windows , i never now the benchmarck with 5 SSD.

Maybe speed is not wath u are aiming for?

If it fiablility, you behter stay with AHCI mode

As if a SSD die in a raid 0 airway, you loose evry thing

You have to replace only the broking SSD, but you will have to reinstall windows because the data is split in all drive equaly to speed up system.

Sincerly yours

Hi Dakara

Your 4 new Force GS run in AHCI mode?

Very good benchmarck for a AMD chipset.

You are the first i see with a AMD chipset that run full potentiel ove sata3 SSD

Your Asus Crosshair Formula V have a good chipset

We can see the diferance betwen a cheap motherboard and a extrem serie motherbaord.

Force GS benchmarck is a litle faster then Force GT

But, as i don't use the same controller we can not expect same speed, even if we have the same SSD. As you have 240GB SSD and i have 120Gb SSD, it could affect benchmarck.

Force GS max write 567117MB/s read 628654MB/s

Force GT max write 536870MB/s read 573852MB/s

Have you tink ove making a rain 0 airway

2 ssd 938585MB/s write 1034931MB/s read

3 ssd 1388459MB/s write 1516957MB/s read

4 ssd 1740479MB/s write 1968964MB/s read

I have buy a other force GT for a total ove 5 but i did not make test because i have to make a new install ove windows to add a SSD to my raid 0 airway. I aim not sure if a gone to buy a other one to reach to maximum ove 2800MB/s from my highpoint 2720SGL controller. not bad for a 200$ pcie 8x SAS/SATA3controlleur. But if i wait for to buy a other SSD to reinstall windows , i never now the benchmarck with 5 SSD.

Maybe speed is not wath u are aiming for?

If it fiablility, you behter stay with AHCI mode

As if a SSD die in a raid 0 airway, you loose evry thing

You have to replace only the broking SSD, but you will have to reinstall windows because the data is split in all drive equaly to speed up system.

Sincerly yours

Currently the drives are running in RAID as JBOD.

I wanted to get a baseline on the drives first, I'm going to set them to RAID 0 here shortly and run another benchmark.

Right now storage space in not a concern as this computer is a gaming rig, also meaning that if I lose a drive there will be minimal data loss.

Time to see what these things can do, be back latter with more results.

Finally got around to running another benchmark this time with the 4 SSD'd in raid 0. Should the read/write speeds be higher like Turbonerfs101e has mentioned? The controller on the Asus Crosshair V is a ASM1061 which if I have done my homework correctly has a max bandwith of 2.5Gbps. Is there something I'm doing wrong thats limiting my speeds?

Untitled.thumb.png.041121f90c2f68c7d00df7e91d21d08b.png

Like i said before, Very good benchmarck for a AMD chipset

It the first AMD chipset that i see running a sata3 SSD at full speed

For raid,it look like you have reach the maimum speed ove your AMD SB950 controller with only 2 sata3 SSD.

Me i have a Intel X58 chipset

X58 motherboard having sata3 port use the marvell 9128 controller

This controller is scrap

As it use a pcie 1x interface

only intel second generation with pcie 3.0 run sata3 ssd at full speed

and even then they only have 2 sata3 ports

That why i buy a pcie 8x sas/sata3 controller

this card run up to 8 sata3 drive, but u reach the maximun speed ove this marvell 9484 sas/sata3 controller with 6 sata3 SSD( around 2800MB/s looking at benchmark) I don't now is this limitation is because it use only a pcie 8x and not a 16x

My controlleur is the 2720SGL

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/CS-series_rr272x.htm

But thos Sould be speed demon with pcie 16x interface

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/CS-series_rr276x-rr274x.htm

look at picture ove cable u see wath is sas to 4 sata

hope this help

Sincerly yours

Int-MS-1M4S_big.jpg.154c4a8e837b93dbc5737ceb17d537a9.jpg

Archived