Corsair Community

H60 Rattle

antipop2323

New build here w/ Corsair H60 Cooler, AX850 PSU, & 650D Chassis

also using an Asus P8Z77-V Pro.

Installed the H60, plugged the 120mm fan into the CPU_Fan and the pump into Chassis Fan 3.... Had disabled Chassis Fan 3 in Q-FAN, it reports it operating at 4200rpm...

Day one everything was quiet as could be...

Day 2 woke up and heard it rattling. Installed Asus Probe & Fan Xpert 2 etc, set RPM Fix on pump from 4250rpm down to 3250rpm and the rattle sound goes away, can raise it back up a tiny bit to 3400rpmish and it seems to stay gone, but haven't given it much time to confirm that... around 3600rpm and it's there but subtle... raising it much further and it's there in totality...

Is it OK to run the pump forever at 3250rpm? Have yet to run Prime95 and see what negative ramifications there are... Right now @ 3250rpm Fan_Xpert_2 is reporting the CPU idling at 31c...

Also Fan Xpert 2 reports the +12V on my AX850 at 12.288 FWIW...

Not really excited about the prospect of RMAing it, will have to go out and buy a temporary HSF if that's the case... could exchange it at Fry's, but have a feeling the replacement one would do the same thing.... What's my best bet here?

well, even at 4200rpm on pump, my i7-2600k @ stock's prime95 blend temps are quite bad, w/ core temps @ 65c max (left running over night)... cpu temp from probe ii reads closer to 45c fwiw, but i guess the core temps are the ones that count.... so it seems i have more pressing issue than the slight rattle... after quitting prime95, my core temps (from either hwmonitor or core temp) and cpu temp reading frome probe ii drop to 30c, they very closely approximate each other at idle... huge variation between them at load though.

Well my Corsair noise issues multiply, now my 650D starts making this awful annoying ringing sound, which I track down to its front fan... disconnect it and it goes away...The case was dead silent for the first handful of days (have had this stuff since maybe Thursday)... Appears I have to cut out the front grill to make this stop, from my limited researching? FML, I truly didn't realize when I was buying this shtuff that I'd was entering a relationship w/ Corsair Support Forums... An apparently a very one sided one at that, as I have yet to get a response lol.....

you first posted friday evening and corsair is closed on the weekend and so monday your post will be seen.most times tho someone comes here on their personal time to try to help out

the temps you mentioned arent bad at all

you arent changing the pump speed as thats a set speed but your changing the fan speed which is ok to do

also make sure the fans are secure as high speeds will make em chatter due to vibration

you first posted friday evening and corsair is closed on the weekend and so monday your post will be seen.most times tho someone comes here on their personal time to try to help out

the temps you mentioned arent bad at all

you arent changing the pump speed as thats a set speed but your changing the fan speed which is ok to do

also make sure the fans are secure as high speeds will make em chatter due to vibration

hey, thanks for responding, the pump reports 4250rpm at max, it sure seems like i'm changing the pump speed by adjusting that...am not talking about the 120mm fans mounted to the rad... those are quiet as could be, this is the pump making noise, and since it's powered by a typical fan connector, i'm able to use asus fan xpert 2 to reduce the reported value of 4250rpm to 3250rpm and the sound goes away... unless there's a tiny fan hidden inside that heatsink water block thing, i dunno what you're talking about....

would love to see a tear down of that block actually, can't turn anything up through googling.....

hey, thanks for responding, the pump reports 4250rpm at max, it sure seems like i'm changing the pump speed by adjusting that...am not talking about the 120mm fans mounted to the rad... those are quiet as could be, this is the pump making noise, and since it's powered by a typical fan connector, i'm able to use asus fan xpert 2 to reduce the reported value of 4250rpm to 3250rpm and the sound goes away... unless there's a tiny fan hidden inside that heatsink water block thing, i dunno what you're talking about....

would love to see a tear down of that block actually, can't turn anything up through googling.....

while im relatively new at water cooling i do know that pump speed is set between 2k to 2200 rpm

you have a wire from the block to the cpu to prevent a fan error on boot up

i think thats what your seeing as like my asus fan expert and with mine the pump speed cant be adjusted

in order to do so a in line diode must be installed

while im relatively new at water cooling i do know that pump speed is set between 2k to 2200 rpm

you have a wire from the block to the cpu to prevent a fan error on boot up

i think thats what your seeing as like my asus fan expert and with mine the pump speed cant be adjusted

in order to do so a in line diode must be installed

not with my motherboard, the pump most certainly can be controlled through fan expert on the h60... there are other threads that verify this as well... is where i got the idea... no diode or fanmate etc necessary for my set up.... btw, some motherboards report the pump as 4200rpm...

anyways, thanks for trying to be helpful, i'm rmaing the unit for one w/ a known good pump.

now my issue is with the corsair 650d front fan... seems it's gonna be a pita requiring me to totally dismantle my rig... not too happy about it, but i guess i'll take that to a different thread.

cheers

i appreciate the clarification on the h60,it must be different from my h80 as in fan xpert the pump speed is shown as cpu fan and cant be regulated.

i too had to tear my whole computer apart to change the front fan to a pwm fan,so i dont envy you having to do this...

appreciate the clarification on the h60,it must be different from my h80 as in fan xpert the pump speed is shown as cpu fan and cant be regulated.

In order to do this you need to use a molex to fan connector . This way you can power the pump from the CPU-FAN or AUX-FAN header and control it with fan expert.

btw, some motherboards report the pump as 4200rpm...

This is correct! Not sure why it happens though.

(from either hwmonitor or core temp) and cpu temp reading frome probe ii drop to 30c, they very closely approximate each other at idle... huge variation between them at load

Using more than one monitoring software can throw off the sensors. Keep one , unistall the others and check your temps again. May want to look into real temps settings. I believe it needs calibrated.

In any case i would trust CPUIDs HWmonitor over core temp .

so can strike the problem w/ the 650d front fan, i cut the grill out as some other people had posted and the problem vanished..

as for temp monitoring software, i hadn't ran them simultaneously, but as individual tests...

anyways, i removed the h60 for now and am running one of those big zalman copper hsf i had around the house w/ the fanmate set to low... load temps are about dead on the same w/ it lol, but the h60 is so incredibly quiet when operating correctly, so i think i'd still prefer to use it if i had a good one...

Archived