Corsair Community

PSU warranty status ?

Hi I had bought a vx450 two - three years back and have misplaced the invoice somewhere .

Is there anyway I can know how much warranty is left by just knowing the serial number ?

Or do I have to have invoice to avail warranty and also to RMA my dead PSU(needs RMA) ?

I had bought this PSU from Manglore , India ..and have moved to a different city now ..

Kindly assist :)

Thank you

• Corsair Employees
Yes the Lot code will be based on the Julian date it was made the first four number will be comprised of the year it was made IE in this case most likely it would start with an 09 or 08 and the next two numbers will be the week it was made up to 52 Maximum weeks per year.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply @ synthohol @ ram guy :D

The serial number starts with R0902A ..

So does this mean it was made in 2009 and second week of jan or perhaps february ?

It would mean theres almost an year and a half more of warranty left.

Lastly , can I RMA the PSU without the invoice since I dont have it :S ?

only if you swear on a stack of bibles you are the original purchaser ;):

seriously if you got it used there is NO warranty. the warranty is only good for the original owner. Corsair does not always require proof of purchase but reserve the right to do so at any time.

• Corsair Employees
At this time we do not require registration and do not track user by name in that manor. Personally I don't like they way some companies in my opinion miss use my personal information. So we don't allow or marketing to know our customers names. They are treated like a mushroom with this information.

• Corsair Employees
I don't know how long I can fight them off but I have for the last ten years. However, I am under the impression our CEO is of the same mind as I am about this or maybe its the other way around. :cool:

Archived