Corsair Community

Brand new 64GB Survivor Stealth unmounts during file transfer

whitelabellt

I just purchased a new Corsair 64GB Survivor Stealth USB 3.0 drive and am having issues with it out of the box. During my first attempt at copying a 700MB file to the usb drive, the file transfer froze and the usb drive unmounted itself. I've attached an image to see exactly what windows shows me. So far I have tried formatting to FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS with no problems. However, it is when I begin to transfer any file over to the drive that this issue reoccurs. Any help would be appreciated.

For the love of god please do not tell me to request an RMA#.

IiY6S.jpg.79c8f5d0849488de17846c52a31e423a.jpg

• Corsair Employees
I would agree and try it on a port that is on the MB do not test it through an un-powered USB HUB like what might be on the front of your Case. If it still displays that symptom then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

• Corsair Employees
Not sure what to tell you other than check the drivers are the latest for the USB Controller on the MB. Short of that you may need to have the ports replaced on your case. Is it one of our cases? If so I can take care of that for you.

Yeah, I have the 600T. I previously had the front panel USB 3.0 cable attached to an adapter, which in turn was connected to the motherboard. Now, I connected the front panel cable to a slot in the back of the motherboard and it seems to be working fine now.

Any idea as to why it works fine with the workaround and not with the adapter?

Archived