Corsair Community

Problem with TW3X4G1333C9 G + GA-A75-D3H

Diaboliquin

Hi guys.

I recently assembled a new computer. I started the computer, the system don't boot, no signal in the motherboard video ports, but if I configure the RAM to work at 1600Mhz via OC (with the help of a videocard PCIe to be able to boot/see the bios) the system boot normally though inestable.

There is a way to configure manually the RAM in the BIOS to boot with 1333mhz? this memory is incompatible with the MB?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Diaboliquin

Did you cheack for matherboard bios update

As it improve compatibility and stability ove system

Last version is F4 if u don't use beta version as F5a

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

Hi, I tested all the BIOS versions, from F2 to F5a, the system don't boot in stock speed 1333mhz

if your ram run more then 1333MHz

at 1600MHz no garanty to worck as memory is only 1333MHz

Did u OC CPU as it OC memory at the same time?

Just reset bios as default to be sure that memory is set at 1333MHz

I only OC'ed the RAM, the CPU clock remains stock. The system only boot if:

1. A PCIe vidcard is added (memory in this case remains in stock speed [1333mhz]), or

2. Memory is OC'ed at 1600mhz to be able to use the video ports in the motherboard, without the pcie vidcard.

Thanks for your answers.

Is there any way you can get a case speaker to plug into the motherboard? Cause without one we can't say for definite that it's the RAM.

This is the strangest boot error I think I've ever seen, but I'm leaning towards it being either the on-board graphics chip or the video connector on the motherboard, cause if it can boot in overclocked mode, then the RAM is probably fine, but I won't rule it out just yet.

First thing is first, can you pull everything from the case, set the motherboard onto a sheet of cardboard, and plug the power supply, RAM, CPU and the video cable into the motherboard connector just to rule out shorting or other hardware, if it doesn't have this problem when in this config, then put it back into the case and try again, but don't plug in anything from the case into the motherboard, just the absolute essentials and see what happens, if you don't get this error, then plug in one thing at a time until you get the problem, if you have this problem even when it's pulled from the case, then we're looking at hardware issues that we need a case speaker for.

Your motherboard manual will have a section in it towards the back which explains boot error beep codes, listen to the POST beep and then look up that error in the manual, and then we'll work out what to do from there.

There is nothing more we can suggest until we have those bios beep codes, the only thing we can say is, reseat everything again, take everything out of the case and starting with the motherboard, plug everything in again, and double and triple check every connection, and make sure the ram is sat properly, the cpu is seated properly and that the cpu cooler is securely attached and so on. :)

Test the RAm with memtest . (there is a link on the left to get it) But test each stick individually in the first slot. let each stick run for about 3 passes or until you get an error.

This will tell you if the RAM is good or not. If BOTH stticks fail ,chances are you have other problems that are not related to RAM.

I think your MB is bad to be honest. There really isn't much there that points towards a memory issue.. And as Turbo pointed out, your memory is only rated for 1333mhz so at 1600mhz there are no guarantees that they will run at that frequency

Hi, thanks for the advice. The results are:

Is there any way you can get a case speaker to plug into the motherboard? Cause without one we can't say for definite that it's the RAM.

First thing is first, can you pull everything from the case, set the motherboard onto a sheet of cardboard, and plug the power supply, RAM, CPU and the video cable into the motherboard connector just to rule out shorting or other hardware, if it doesn't have this problem when in this config, then put it back into the case and try again, but don't plug in anything from the case into the motherboard, just the absolute essentials and see what happens, if you don't get this error, then plug in one thing at a time until you get the problem, if you have this problem even when it's pulled from the case, then we're looking at hardware issues that we need a case speaker for.

Your motherboard manual will have a section in it towards the back which explains boot error beep codes, listen to the POST beep and then look up that error in the manual, and then we'll work out what to do from there.

There is nothing more we can suggest until we have those bios beep codes, the only thing we can say is, reseat everything again, take everything out of the case and starting with the motherboard, plug everything in again, and double and triple check every connection, and make sure the ram is sat properly, the cpu is seated properly and that the cpu cooler is securely attached and so on. :)

All is triple checked, the motherboard outside of the case, only mem and APU connected, I plugged a speaker. No beep codes, the system don't send video signal. Memory its 1333Mhz. In the retailer's workshop the motherboard/A8 works fine when the memory is replaced with a stick of another vendor.

Test the RAm with memtest . (there is a link on the left to get it) But test each stick individually in the first slot. let each stick run for about 3 passes or until you get an error.

This will tell you if the RAM is good or not. If BOTH stticks fail ,chances are you have other problems that are not related to RAM.

I think your MB is bad to be honest. There really isn't much there that points towards a memory issue.. And as Turbo pointed out, your memory is only rated for 1333mhz so at 1600mhz there are no guarantees that they will run at that frequency

Memtest don't report errors, 3 passes, each stick (stock speed) individually in the first slot.

In the retailer's workshop the motherboard/A8 works fine when the memory is replaced with a stick of another vendor.Memtest don't report errors, 3 passes, each stick (stock speed) individually in the first slot.

I have to ask,but did you witness this testing? Or is this what they told you? The reason i ask is because we have seen some less than honest vendors say things like this to avid having to accept a bad MB back and or replace one.

It doesn't add up. If they all pass memtest then that would indicate the memory is fine.

I have to ask,but did you witness this testing? Or is this what they told you? The reason i ask is because we have seen some less than honest vendors say things like this to avid having to accept a bad MB back and or replace one.

Yeah, I saw the technician doing the testing.

Archived