Corsair Community

Hydro Series H100 in a 2011 socket MB

cirurgiao

Maybe its not important but this issue gave me a lot of trouble, hours of guessing and asking for help in Corsair support forums > Cooling

I built a system using a 2011 socket MB (Sabertooth X79), a 600T case and a H100 watercooler.

H100 series package brings 4 long pins, 4 short pins (labelled 2011), a X mount and 4 screws.

X mount should be placed in the back of MB and fixed (the long pins and the "thinner" leg of the short-2011-pins work there, but the short leg of the short-2011-pin doesn't fit in the X mount)

If you fix the X mount with the long pins (either end) you fix the block too BUT...

In a 2011 socket MB this will not allow the block to make contact with CPU and in a few minutes your CPU temperature will rise to +80*C and the computer will be turned off.

So, if your MB is a 2011 socket, the X mount should be discharged, the short-2011-pin used, the "larger" part (the short one) fixed to MB and the "thinner" (the longer one) fixed to block.

After understanding this stupid thing I remounted my system and my CPU temperature is being kept at <27*C after 4 hours of use.

Hope this help someone.

@OP

I'm not sure why you use the X-mount in the first place, it's made so that it's possible to use old coolers made for the X58 chipset on a 2011 board.

The real solution with the H100 is to NOT install the X-mount at all.

@OP

I'm not sure why you use the X-mount in the first place, it's made so that it's possible to use old coolers made for the X58 chipset on a 2011 board.

The real solution with the H100 is to NOT install the X-mount at all.

I just thought the X should be used too, but after trying it and getting an overheating problem i just abandoned the X mount and everything worked fine.

Trouble was that there was no note about not using the X mount in a 2011 MB.

Tks for your rep too

Archived