Corsair Community

M90 acting strangely

Livewyre

So I just got my M90 today. I got a friend of mine to order it for me, so it showed up at his door... he does not seem to respect my property enough to leave it in the package, however, and immediately opened it up, and tested it out without even telling me it came in first... but I digress.

so he got it working properly on his computer. says he hates the software, but he installed the firmware, and got it working properly. I get it home, plug it in, and immediately notice something seems off: LED 1 and 6 are on, 2-5 are off. to the best of my knowledge, that shouldn't happen, but I shrug it off, wait for windows 7 to finish trying to find a driver for it, and move the mouse. the DPI seems to be at, or close to, the maximum. again, I shrug it off, figuring the software should fix that. so I download the software and firmware. I then try to install the firmware and get the following message: "Cannot open USB device, please reinstall driver." not sure what to do here, but I figure it probably shouldn't matter, my friend installed the firmware after all. so I try the software, and nothing works. no matter what I change, it does not effect the mouse at all. none of the buttons do anything except left, right, and middle mouse buttons, which function normally.

so to sum things up: my M90 currently is nothing more than a 5700 DPI mouse with 12 useless buttons on it and 6 LEDs, top and bottom ones lit and unchangeable. I can't install the firmware, the software does nothing.

help?

• Corsair Employees

Livewyre, Try this:

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled

Then run the firmware update again.

Also under device manager, does your mouse detect properly?

Livewyre, Try this:

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled

Then run the firmware update again.

Also under device manager, does your mouse detect properly?

Thanks for the reply.

No luck. Same story on the firmware update.

Shows up as "USB Input Device" in device manager.

• Corsair Employees
It sounds like the firmware may not have updated correctly. If you can, try the update one more time on a different machine and ensure it is not connected to USB 3.0 and not to a hub (use the rear USB slots on the motherboard). If it still fails the firmware update process, then we recommend either exchanging it with your retailer for a new one or we can replace it for though RMA. It would be faster with your retailer first but we'll take care of you if they refuse to exchange it.

Hello, i bought this mouse like 3 month ago and i have been having troubles. it had stopped working but i updated the firmware and everything went back to normal. 2 days ago i was going to do the same as it stopped working but this time i am getting this message that windows cant install the drivers. I tried 4 different pcs and i get the same error. Do i have to send it back to my retailer?? or it might be a silly thing easy tos olve. thanks

• Corsair Employees
Hello, i bought this mouse like 3 month ago and i have been having troubles. it had stopped working but i updated the firmware and everything went back to normal. 2 days ago i was going to do the same as it stopped working but this time i am getting this message that windows cant install the drivers. I tried 4 different pcs and i get the same error. Do i have to send it back to my retailer?? or it might be a silly thing easy tos olve. thanks

What firmware did you use to update? Was it the latest version? Let's go ahead and get the mouse replaced with the link to the left. Once you fill it out, let me know your case number.

Archived