Corsair Community

RMA'ing a Power Supply from UK to Amsterdam, best way?

Crilly

Not Amsterdam, Almere. Anyone done this? My near 3 year old TX750 has developed a loud clicking noise (from the fan) and I got an RMA from corsair.

However I'm not exactly sure as to the best way to send it to them. Not sure if Royal Mail would even send something that big to the Netherlands, parcel force probably could do it, but not sure where I'd have to take it in Belfast. It'll cost like £30+ too.

I'm tempted to just forget it and open the thing and oil up the fan myself, would invalidate the warranty, I know, but if it worked, it'd be a lot less hassle. Also a little tempted to get an AX750, just for the ease of modular cable management.

• Corsair Employees

You can check if you can remove the fan grill if there are no Void if removed stickers and if you remove the grill there should be a tiny hole in the top of the fan that you can drop some 3 N 1 oil in to the fan motor. Be sparing with the Oil and clean the surface off with rubbing Alcohol and reattach the label. But if there are any stickers that say Void if removed it will void your warranty.

As far as shipping there are several methods to ship packages I would do a bit of Google searching and see if you can find something less expensive.

I'm in england and recently used Interlink Direct to rma a CX430, cost about £16, they collected it monday and delivered it to corsair on wednesday. Will obviously be more expensive with you being in ireland but I'd recommend them.

I've used parcel2go before to rma a HX520, they weren't the cheapest this time so I didn't use them but worth checking out too.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry the only things I can suggest would be to use Google to search for another shipper, or call our customer service by phone and see if there is anything that can be done. The number is listed under contact on our site and you can call the toll free number for free using SKYPE.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived