Corsair Community

RMA Case: 4789481

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could provide an update to my RMA, reference number 4789481.

First, a little back story.

I received an email on the 10th July stating that my replacement Voyager GT had been dispatched via UPS, and when checking the UPS tracking number the item has apparently been delivered on the 12th.

I've phoned UPS and they have told me that it has been delivered to the wrong address, and to contact the sender as they will need to initiate a trace.

Therefore, I phoned the Corsair support phone number on the 13th and talked to a couple of reps, who told me they would have to contact the despatch warehouse in the Netherlands and someone would be in touch to sort this out.

I haven't heard anything from Corsair, UPS or the person who signed for my package (Doubt I ever will!) and I was just hoping that someone could give me an update to what's going on.

I completely understand if you are still waiting on UPS to trace the package and issue a refund/compensate for the loss of the package, as this is in no way Corsairs fault, I just would like to know that you guys are working on it.

Thanks,

M_Taylor40

• Corsair Employees

I have sent our customer service a message and asked them to look into this and contact you ASAP.

I am sorry but that is about all I can do, but if you do not hear from them in the next 24 hours please let me know.

Hi Ram Guy,

I was just coming to post an update but I see you have beaten me to it! I thought you guys must have been busy or something!

I have received an email from a customer service rep about an hour ago, and I've just replied to her so hopefully I'll have my replacement within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again for your help Ram Guy, I'll update again when I have received the replacement so you know everything is sorted.

M_Taylor40

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in posting an update, been busy getting married lol!

Well I received the replacement Voyager GT around the beginning of August and I've been using it off and on for the past month.

The problem is, the replacement is faulty :(:

When I plug it in, it shows up in "My Computer" fine and I can start copying files to or from the drive, but after between 2-10 minutes I hear the USB disconnect tone from Windows and the drive has disappeared!

At first I thought had I knocked the drive or not plugged it in fully, so I just unplugged and reconnected it and it appears again in My Computer, but again, give it 2-10 minutes and it disappears.

I have noticed at times that the drive gets quite warm to the touch when I've had it plugged in, which made me think is it overheating or something from all the read/writes, so I tested it by just plugging it into a USB port an leaving it, unfortunately it will still disconnect itself after 2-10 minutes.

Sometimes when I reconnect it the computer will play the USB connected tone, but the drive does not appear in My Computer, but this does not happen every time.

I've tested it at both home and work, on in total about 8 different desktops and laptops, using various USB2 and USB3 ports spanning across 3-4 different USB chipset manufacturers. I've even used it across Windows XP, 7, 8, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 RC, OSX 10.7, OSX 10.8, ubuntu 12.04 and XBMCbuntu 11, all of them show the same fault after a few minutes. (Yes, I work in IT).

What can I do to get the drive replaced? Do I just have to open another RMA or can my old one by re-opened? Also, who covers the P&P costs this time as it cost my £8 to post the original and if it's another £8 this time I could have just bought another drive myself!

I've got to say though, in the few minutes that I can use this flash drive, I cannot believe the performance of the newer Voyager GTs compared to my old one, even over USB2 this thing is amazing!

I hope you can help my out again Ram Guy!

M_Taylor40

• Corsair Employees

M_Taylor40

First thing Congratulations; Marriage is a big step! All of us in Tech support will Drink a Toast to you this Friday after work and best wishes. :D:

And I am sorry about that I have sent a message to our customer and asked them to contact you on RMA Case: 4789481 and arrange another replacement at our expense ASAP.

Thanks Ram Guy, we've been together for a long time so it's great to finally make it official!

Also, thanks for sorting that out for me, I can honestly say out of all the companies and RMAs I deal with, Corsair are most definitely the easiest and the best!

Thanks again, and hopefully I'll be able to update this thread again soon letting you know everything is sorted.

All the best, and try not to drink too much! :p:

M_Taylor40

Archived