Corsair Community

Custom PSU Cables

Jeremy1998

Well, after seeing my selection of cables for the AX1200, I have decided that it would be best (cable management wise) to make my own custom length and connection cables.

The only problem I can think of is that I plan to run the Corsair AX1200i. I saw in a video that the AX1200i calculates efficiency and voltage drop and all that by using the load and length of the cable. However, if I were to make my own cables, which are a different length, will it throw that off?

I know that modding the cables is probably frowned upon here, but I have no better option available...

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry as we do not have any information on that question but I don't believe it will unless the lengths are more than what is allowed by the ATX Spec. 24-28" in length. However I will ask our Engineering to verify this for you.

I am sorry as we do not have any information on that question but I don't believe it will unless the lengths are more than what is allowed by the ATX Spec. 24-28" in length. However I will ask our Engineering to verify this for you.

How do the rules work with extension cables then?

The specification does not allow for extensions of the cables only Maximum lengths.

So, would using extension cables with the AX1200i mess it up then? Because I need an extension on my 4 pin EPS as it is, among other adapters I need.

I am sorry as I stated I do not have the answer for that question and have asked our Engineering, we will have to wait for them to replay.

I'm just hoping my Corsair White AX1200 Gold cables work with the new 1200i :) That'd be $100 saved and a happy customer!

So, how long after the launch of the AX1200i will the sleeved cable sets be available?

And one more question. Will there ever be lower wattage versions of the AX1200i? I have a machine that runs 24/7, and monitoring it's usage and efficiency and all that would be nice... but 1200 watts is just extreme overkill...

Unfortunately they never talk about upcoming products until they are ready to be released. You may have to wait an see.

.... then will the new ax1200i be compatible with corsairs individually sleeved psu cables? there is currently no reason to believe otherwise when consumers order them.
Ram Guy has already answered this.
I am sorry but they ( Cables for 1200AX and AX1200i ) are not compatible.

So, how long after the launch of the AX1200i will the sleeved cable sets be available?

They said late July/ early August. Thats coming up real soon. I was told in another thread that they was release the custom cables shortly after they announce the availability of the unit. That was over a month ago though so the ETA may have changed...

Yeah, but there was no date given. So "soon" could be any length of time

.... then will the new ax1200i be compatible with corsairs individually sleeved psu cables? there is currently no reason to believe otherwise when consumers order them.

Sure there is , if you look the 1200i is not listed in the product description. Every other AX series is, but not the 1200i. They will have a set, but it may be a couple/few more months before they are released.

• 2 months later...
The specification does not allow for extensions of the cables only Maximum lengths.

And yet, one of the cables that is provided with the HX850 is an extension cable. I would much rather just have cables that are long enough without adding an extension.

Archived