Corsair Community

K90 Firmware update successful, keyboard stopped working

Striscio

Hello,

I have received my Vengeance K90 keyboard this morning, i downloaded K90_Firmware_1.18_Software_1.0.0.26 from corsair.com/vengeanceK90 as the quickstart guide included in the package show.

Following the advice inside Vengeance Gaming Software v1.0.0.26 Release Notes.pdf i made a firmware upgrade, the result screen was like the one show in the .pdf, saying: Firmware update completed successfully but after clicking <Exit> the keyboard stopped working and the light turned off. Now it's not recognized as plugged from the system and softwares, both "FWUpdate.exe" and "K90 Software v1.0.0.26.exe". The keyboard was plugged and there was no power supply stoppage (Desktop PC) during the firmware update.

-Windows Vista

-Used rear motherboard USB 2.0 plug

Is there some issue causing this? and is anything it can be done now? I don't get it, it told me it was successful and it stopped working at all...

Kind regards, Michele.

EDIT: minor grammar correction, sorry i'm not native English speaker, hope the message it's clear anyway.

• Corsair Employees
I recommend exchanging the keyboard with your retailer, and if that isn't possible, to use the link to the left to request a RMA so I can set you up with another keyboard. It sounds like there may have been an issue with the update process and we'll need to replace it since the machine no longer detects the device.

Thank you, i appreciate your support, nothing personal as i assume it's not your fault, but it's neither mine the thing is not working, why i have to pay for boxing and shipping? I don't get it, i get a lemon, ruin my day and i have to pay too?

Anyway consumer rage frustration won't get me anywhere, at least i won't have to pay the whole product cost (heh.. as i would buy another now), i filled out and printed all the papers, i will try to look for a box and a decent shipment service by the end of the week.

Kind Regards.

Shipping to The Netherlands is going to cost too much, don't you have any other Department closer to Italy? No way i'm going to pay from half to full worth of the keyboard in shipment, also for a factory defective device.

I'm sorry, i can't handle a proper English speech, could not be of any use to me. Still waiting for the reply. Looking for alternative ways, i asked the retailer and it look like he offered to manage the warranty and related RMA.

I will let you know tomorrow what it's going on. If it happen that the retail can handle this, it would be possible to stop the current RMA procedure without any problem?

Archived