Corsair Community

H100 mounting pump upside down.

Jpump

Any downside to this? This is the only way I can make the block reach in my case, and it barely reaches this way too. Don't have a picture since I'm waiting on my motherboard to arrive from RMA today.

Depends who you ask.

"They" say that because the H series coolers aren't completely full of coolant you have a large amount of air trapped. The pump can't push air. So you want to keep the flow in-line with gravity. All holes pointing down.

But like the user above me said try the position out and see how it works for you.

Well, I'm overclocked to 4.5 now at 1.25v and idling at 36-40 on all 4 cores. Haven't run Prime95 for very long yet. Having a nightmare of a time getting my sound to work from anywhere other than HDMI.

4.5GHz at 1.25 and idling at 36-40 is excellent.

But 100% load temps are more important.

I buy CORSAIR H100 today but I still think how to install, look video, and everything else.

I know how but want to be sure.

But I think to OC only on 4.0GHz for all cores, it's enough for my graphic and no need for more until buy new NVIDIA Classified.

• Corsair Employees
Ok, so, after installing Windows and checking Real Temp, I'm idling at 35-36. Weird, but I'll take it.

Glad to hear that your CPU temp dropped.. great temps considering the CPU is OC'ed.

Next step is too see how it performs under load.

Well, I got my new motherboard and I'm sitting in bios idling at 50-51c at stock speeds. Time to try a remount. Pump is running at 2103-2183RPM.

50c idle is high and later i see in the 30's which is very good

you should get more consistent temps once the thermal paste cures

several high load stress tests will help speed up that process

your pump speed should never change,its fixed at 2k-2200rpm

Archived