Corsair Community

Is this noise Normal? H80 Cooler

nickyc95

Hi there, i seem to be having a small ticking sound coming from the H80 Water cooling Block. I just wanted to know if this was normal.

I have uploaded a video to YouTube to allow you all the hear it for yourself.

Link:

The unit has already been RMA'ed once before for a different fault.

Also there is a whirring noise coming from inside my machine. Is this just the fans? and can i do anything about it?

Thanks

Every PSu is going to be different.You would have to check your BIOS to see if your particular unit is putting out more than 12v.

But yes, thats the grinding noise. I would have it RMA'd again so you get one that has the "fix"in place.

Every PSu is going to be different.You would have to check your BIOS to see if your particular unit is putting out more than 12v.

But yes, thats the grinding noise. I would have it RMA'd again so you get one that has the "fix"in place.

Oh okay thanks. Do you think it would be possible for corsair to pay the shipping because it is £20 from UK to the Europe Hub in Netherlands??

Thanks for the help.

is there anything unusuall about the specs?? For the psu???

Product Description Corsair Gaming Series GS700 - power supply - 700 Watt

Device Type Power supply - active Power Factor Correction (PFC) - internal

Specification Compliance - ATX12V 2.3/ EPS12V

80 PLUS Certification80 PLUS

Dimensions (WxDxH)15 cm x 18 cm x 8.6 cm

LocalisationUnited Kingdom

Input VoltageAC 90-264 V

Output Voltage+3.3, +5, ±12 V

Power Capacity700 Watt

Output Connector(s)1 x power 24 pin ATX , 1 x power 8 pin EPS12V , 2 x 8 pin PCI Express power with detachable 2 pin section , 6 x 4 PIN internal power , 6 x 15 pin Serial ATA power , 2 x 4 PIN mini-power connector

Cooling System140 mm fan

Manufacturer Warranty3 years warranty

Oh okay thanks. Do you think it would be possible for corsair to pay the shipping because it is £20 from UK to the Europe Hub in Netherlands??

It's a standard return policy. You pay the shipping to them and they pay it back. You can call CS and see if they will work something out, but thats the only way. That can not be handled here in the forums.

s there anything unusuall about the specs?? For the psu??
?

It's a standarsd ATX PSU. The issue Corsair had with the coolers is not limited to any make or type of PSU. ALL PSU's no matter the manufacturer will run at slightly different voltages. One might run right at 12v, the next one off the line may run at 11.8 or 12.3. It's just the nature of the components.

It's a standard return policy. You pay the shipping to them and they pay it back. You can call CS and see if they will work something out, but thats the only way. That can not be handled here in the forums.

?

It's a standarsd ATX PSU. The issue Corsair had with the coolers is not limited to any make or type of PSU. ALL PSU's no matter the manufacturer will run at slightly different voltages. One might run right at 12v, the next one off the line may run at 11.8 or 12.3. It's just the nature of the components.

Ok thanks.

I have posted on the "Grinding" thread started by RamGuy, and sent an email to RMAservice.

I am just waiting for someone to get in touch with me to sort it all out.

Am i best just waiting for them to contact me or should i give them a call?

Some people are reporting that they are not getting a call due to the fact they live in the UK, but are contacting via email.

What do you think?

Thanks

Definitely e-mail them contact them as many ways as you can until you get the response you want. If they had a store front you would have gone there yourself first thing.

I don't believe the whole PSU giving a little over 12v causing the pump to be noisy. Unless this pump is having MULTIPLE issues for people? :roll:

I've tried it with multiple PSUs here from junk to primo and they all make the grinding/ticking type sounds i'm hearing.

I've heard this type noise before and it was because it was a very simple 30cent pump.

• Corsair Employee

MarkMcPain

Have we replaced you cooler; if so what was the RMA#?

nickyc95,

If you have not had it replaced before please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the RMA#

MarkMcPain

Have we replaced you cooler; if so what was the RMA#?

nickyc95,

If you have not had it replaced before please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the RMA#

Hiya RamGuy, I have already had the item replaced once before.

I was contacted today by corsair with regards the grinding thread started by yourself and the replacement has been organised through the selective RMA process mentioned on the thread.

My current RMA# is: 1277582

Thanks

Archived