Corsair Community

TX850M -> sudden death while gaming.

Luciano2572

Hi everyone. My HX1000W psu was making a noise (note: the PSU had 2 years and 6 months aprox.), so I rma'd it. Since it would take a month to the full RMA process (it's still on mail to Corsair), I bought another PSU to use while the hx1000w was travelling.

I bought a TX850M, it was working fine for exactly 1 week (i bought it on 7/7/2012, and today is 14/7/2012, and i instaled it on the same day I bought it) , and today, suddenly while gaming it shut down. Tried to turn on again, fans try to spin and "die". Tried the "paper clip" on green + black wires w/ a fan on a molex conector. It tried to spin, but again failed. I also have a H100 on my i7, and i had the i7 overclocked to 4ghz with the hx1000w, but i ran everything on stock with the tx850m since i didn't want to get alot of power from it.

Since I already payd 55$ (aprox) to ship my Hx1000W to Corsair, plus more 240$ for the TX850M (yes, I live in brazil) I'd like to know if there's any other way to fix the PSU, or if the only way is to RMA it. I'm going to try something with the local store, but when I bought it and i asked about warranty info, he made like a angry face and only sayd "5 years warranty from Corsair". Since it only have 7 days, i'll try everything to have it replaced on the local store, because paying another 55$ to RMA another corsair product would hurt :s. If the local store don't replace it, What can I do? RMA only exit?

Thanks,

Luciano

~~ just to add, my mobo has some lights on the START/Reset buttons on it, they turn on, but when i press start happens what i sayd up~

Yeah, the only way is the RMA process, unless you can arange something with your local supplier. I would think they would help you. At least i would like to think that. Most places in the US have 30 days to return items. I don't know about Brazil though . Sorry !

Just to be on the safe side you might want to check your house wiring or power,power strips, ect . Seems unlikely that two PSU's would go in the same system in such a short amount of time. It could also be pure coincidence. *shrugs*

If your local supplier dosn't help you out, i would call Corsair CS and explain the situation to them and ask them if there is anything they can do for you. I'm sure if it's within their power they will take care of you.

Yeah, the only way is the RMA process, unless you can arange something with your local supplier. I would think they would help you. At least i would like to think that. Most places in the US have 30 days to return items. I don't know about Brazil though . Sorry !

Just to be on the safe side you might want to check your house wiring or power,power strips, ect . Seems unlikely that two PSU's would go in the same system in such a short amount of time. It could also be pure coincidence. *shrugs*

If your local supplier dosn't help you out, i would call Corsair CS and explain the situation to them and ask them if there is anything they can do for you. I'm sure if it's within their power they will take care of you.

Well, the other PSU didn't die like this one. It was just a noise under load. This one was fine, no noises, but sudden death. I have more 2 pcs-3 running here, and this is the first one to have the psu die like this. I hope the local store can change it for me, or ill try to do something with corsair about the shipping...

Thanks

Just to give an update here:

After 6-7 days talking with the local store guy, and some problems... He finally sayd that the PSU was faulty. Then he sayd i could already go there. As he didn't have another TX850M, i asked for the money, and went to another store and bought a HX850 (it was aprox 50$ more than what i payd on the tx, but i think its worth it)

Im now running on the HX850 again, and its all sweet. Im just worried about 2 hdds missing in the SETUP/Windows Explorer, 2x 1tb HD. Ill later check the cables, but since i need to open the tower for that, i might just do it when i really need a file on those HDDs.

Anyway, other than those 2 hdds (i HOPE they are OK), my comp is now running OK with corsair again.

Thanks for the help guys!

//edit///

Im using PCProbe to monitore voltages, and here they are:

3.3: 3.26

5: 4.95

12: 12.14

It is showing, however, sometimes 1.26 for the CPU , sometimes 2.something, and now its stuck at 65.54v. I know they are wrong, obviusly. Any 1 recommends a good program to monitor voltages?

Im now running on the HX850 again, and its all sweet. Im just worried about 2 hdds missing in the SETUP/Windows Explorer, 2x 1tb HD. Ill later check the cables, but since i need to open the tower for that, i might just do it when i really need a file on those HDDs.

If you have never updated your BIOS it may be as simple as that .

BTW, get rid of the ASUS PCProbe software. It's complete garbage and is mostly wrong. Try HWMonitor or CPUID are two good free programs. And pretty accurate!

LOL at 65.5v you could roast marshmallows, or leg of lamb ,or....:P

• Corsair Employees

I would disagree about PC-Probe if you have an issue with it being accurate then you likely have a version of it made for another model.

The PC-Probe software I have used since its inception more than 12 Years ago on a wide verity of ASUS MB's and while I have seen some issue it has always turned out to be either a BIOS or version issue. So you will want to use the version that comes on the driver CD that comes with your MB.

Third party Programs like Hard ware Monitor in most cases will need to be calibrated before you would be able to trust their information.

Archived