Corsair Community

3930k h100 high temps

agulerer

I am using H100 pull with stock fans, Rampage IV Extreme and using 3930k.

Ambient Temp= 29C

VCore= 1.23V

Max Temps on Prime 95 = 76 C

I thought it is too much temp for 1.23V with H100. I reapplied thermal grease 2 times to see if it is about thermal grease. What the problem can be?

• 2 weeks later...
My 3930k cores run at 40-45c (as shown by coretemp) on idle on stock settings - vcore 1.18-1.22 - and after 30min of prime 95 or intel burn test reach 56-61c. I have the 650d case, my cooler is h100 in push out config. Is it possible that the stock TIM needs more time to give its best? The cooler appears to have good contact with the cpu. The measurements are with all the fans at max (2600rpm).

biikon

your burm tests are really good,as far as your idle temp are you sure nothing is running causing a load on your cores

if a core has even a 20 percent load the idle temps can reach high 30 s and even in the 40s which is normal

wytnyt

You are right about cpu usage, but even after 0% usage the temps are still the same. I 've read that idle core temps are usually round 30c, that's why I was concerned. Forgot to mention my room temp is 27-29c.

of course icy temps are nice but yours are still right where many are

if your tim is new it may need curing as some say it can take up to 200 hours for best results

when reading core temps even scrolling your mouse rapidly can make a core jump 10c.their very sensitive and ambient temps plays a big part on your temps

i assume at idle your turbo freq is dropping back down

Archived