Corsair Community

Is my motherboard eating corsair ram?!

theguvnor12

Dear reader,

I have a gigabyte motherboard with a intel core i5 2550k running with CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B memory kit. Which I bought because it is on the corsair compatibalty list of the specific motherboard. I already have done one RMA. Due to crashes caused by the memory failure. I ran a memtest86+ and a few sticks showed me errors.

And the kit I was given instead of the old kit. I directly had it run a memtest86+ (no OS boot). The results on its first pass was errors. I tried booting in windows and kubuntu and it works fine but after a while or when using alot of memory the machine crashes. So I did another RMA.

Right now the pc runs on old memory I have laying around. Its a 4 gig kit and it shows no errors running memtest86+. Is my motherboard or set up eating corsair ram?

Also I have msata drive running in Smart Response Technology. Is this possibly factor in the memory failing?

• 2 weeks later...

I very well could. I would definitely give it a try. BIOS updates allow the use of more recent memory modules and improved compatibility.

Also I have msata drive running in Smart Response Technology. Is this possibly factor in the memory failing?

In a nut shell, no. It shouldn't have any impact on memory performance like that.

Archived