Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum

claydough

Has anyone tried platinum in an x58 motherboard yet?

I have not seen any "graphic application" benchmark showing a performance increase compelling enough to upgrade from i7-980x and my Rampage III extreme.

I am considering keeping that setup till Maxwell and Haswell-E rolls around and was hoping to upgrade my system with faster Sata III via an LSI RAID controller. But considering holding out till the pci-e 3.0 megaraid cards are released this quarter.

Thus future proofing the expensive purchase for the Haswell's faster PCI-E architecture.

I simply want the Platinums for my Rampage III for the bling ( they r very pretty ).

However, future use also is desirable... In which case I would want a quad kit that I could use 3 of for my current triple channel motherboard and then taking advantage of the fourth stick when Haswell is in production?

I know the memory is not listed as compatable. But as far as I know most all the memory I have ever used in my Rampage III extreme was not on any compatability list either ( cept my present Corsairs ).

So I am hoping that someone has given them a spin with the same configuration?

And can share any positive or negative news?

• Corsair Employees
The Platinum Modules we made for newer platforms that will be able to reach a higher clock frequency. Using them in an X58 Chipset will not yield any better performance or over colcok than the memory that was specked for that platform.

Thank you!

considering no better is not "worse". That is exactly the experience I was hoping to hear!

I was hoping to find either 1866 up to a 2000 with hopefully cas 8/or 9 in a 16gb four stick kit. Though the cas 9 latency I have found are on back order as well :[pouts:

I am afraid 16gb The four stick kits over 2000 might be pushing it for my Rampage III extreme?

The Platinum Modules we made for newer platforms that will be able to reach a higher clock frequency. Using them in an X58 Chipset will not yield any better performance or over colcok than the memory that was specked for that platform.

Specifically, I checked the ram configurator on the site and was interesting in buying some for Gigabytes G1.SNIPER M3? I'm guessing it's not compatible?

Archived