Corsair Community

K90 bricked?

allikat

The firmware updater crashed during an update, now my keyboard doesn't work.

I've tried multiple re-flashes, and sometimes the flash seems to work, running through accompanied by a cacophony of default beeps, on other occasions it merely reports that it cannot set the update mode.

Even after a (noisy) apparently successful run, the keyboard does not work any more.

Is there any way to force it to accept a new firmware?

Update:

I've tried re-flashing it on two other machines (both win7, one 32 bit, one 64bit) and in both cases the flash appears to work correctly, but the keyboard remains non-functional.

Update 2:

Re-flashed with old beta 1.07 firmware, and the Corsair software detected the change correctly and could control the light level, however the key presses remain un-noticed by the machine, even after flashing once more to the 1.18 firmware.

• Corsair Employees
Did you use USB 3.0 to update the keyboard, or did you connect it to a USB Hub when doing so? It sounds like we'll need to replace the keyboard so go ahead and request a RMA to the left. If possible though, I'd like to know how you did the update.

The first update, which failed, was on USB 3, it just locked up halfway through.

I personally believe it just needs a little code in the hardware that detects a damaged (or missing) firmware and puts it into a recovery mode that allows it to be re-flashed. Would save you guys a lot of RMA requests.

Archived