Corsair Community

Case #4824311

Hi, I sent a RMA request last night since the HX850W PSU just died on me after one year since I bought it on 6/16/2011 on Newegg.com. I smelled some wire burning couple of days ago but computer worked fine until last night. The computer kept shutting down after couple of minutes of use then suddenly it won't boot anymore. It keeps shutting right off after a second I press on the ON switch so I figured its the PSU problem from process of elimination. I got piles of work I have to do from vacation last week, but now I can't do any work right now or even play D3 haha. So my questions are:

1) How long will it be before I get accepted on the RMA? and how long is the process?

2) Do I need to pack all the wires and send it with the PSU or just the PSU?

3) I just purchased Corsair AX1200 online since I can't wait till it gets RMA'd and got piles of work left so will the wires from the HX850W Full Modular work on AX1200 Full Modular because I don't want the hassle to rewire my whole system.

I'm a huge fan of corsair as you can see from my specs so hopefully you guys can process this faster and help me out :laughing:.

• Corsair Employees
1) How long will it be before I get accepted on the RMA? and how long is the process?

A: It will normally take 24-48 Hours to get an approval but in this case it is done.

2) Do I need to pack all the wires and send it with the PSU or just the PSU?

A: Yes; I am sorry but the cables from one PSU model may not be compatible with another model.

3) I just purchased Corsair AX1200 online since I can't wait till it gets RMA'd and got piles of work left so will the wires from the HX850W Full Modular work on AX1200 Full Modular because I don't want the hassle to rewire my whole system

A: NO; I am sorry but the cables from one PSU model may not be compatible with another model. You will need to return the cables with the old PSU

Archived