Corsair Community

Has my H50 pump gone weak?

XLR8

Hi there, I have a H50 with oush pull fan setup on a i7-975 cpu. In the past it has always cooled the 4.2 OC underload in the mid 70sc. But here recently its hitting 99c and even crashes due to high temps. Even at stock clocks 3.3,its in the low 70s. I have reset the cpu,washed out the radiator coils. The temp in my home never gets above 75 degees. The cooling setup has not change (case,fans,radiator) are all the way it was from day one.

So my question is this. Could the pump getting weak? Is there a way to diagnose this. thanks

You should be able to tell what the pump's RPM is. Just look for the fan header that you plugged the pump into. If memory serves I think the H50 pump runs at 1400 RPM or so.

It's hard to keep them all straight isn't? :) But i think your right.

I haven't had my h-50 running for some time now. But it's there if i need a good back-up cooler.

You should be able to tell what the pump's RPM is. Just look for the fan header that you plugged the pump into. If memory serves I think the H50 pump runs at 1400 RPM or so.

Thank you. The speed I have is with in your soecs.

It's hard to keep them all straight isn't? :) But i think your right.

I haven't had my h-50 running for some time now. But it's there if i need a good back-up cooler.

I like mine very much.

so if the system is spec, had you found the issue in the overheating?

you might check to see if the radiator has gotten clogged with fur-bunnies. if you are not

running fan filters, i'd make a routine to clean the fan placements and areas monthly.

airdeano

Archived