Corsair Community

Finished my DIY w/c guys

agile

Sorry guys, I haven't posted in a while. Life is busy. It only affords me about 4 hrs of sleep per night. So besides going partially insane and ordering a Voodoo Rage AND a Voodoo m860, I finished my DIY after I received my PNY 6800 Ultra and Danger Den Nvidia 6800 water block. The water block is gorgeous. Those two parts were the only items I was waiting on for a month to finsih my PC...can you believe it? It was worth it though. Anyway, thanks guys for the help especially Steve, H2Cool, and Boihazard. You were a great help for a noobie water-cooler. Now I have guys in my clan asking me for help....See what you started? Your ideas and systems were and inspiration. My setup is modest compared to ost of yours, but this was my first foray and I spent the gist of the $$$ on the best components such as the CPU, GPU, etc. So a review will be in order as are pics. I have to post here, and at two other forums along with finsihing my site. I'll be able to post pics pretty quick and let you see my shoddy work Thanks for the help. BTW, I am selling my 6 mo. old Alienware Aurora if anyone is interested. It is LOADED Would be a good deal for anyone. See you soon. Also, I spilled some coolant like a good virgin W/C noobie. No damage. Idiot! :sunglasse

Here are the beginning to end photos of my first water-cooled build......... It screams....... Built with the advice of the Cool Guy Forums local yokels............. [B]The Specs (not too shabby) Thermaltake Tsunami Dream 3000 VA3000BWA case Asus A8V motherboard Antec True Power 550W PSU AMD Athlon 64 FX53 (socket 939) CPU 1 GB Corsair XMS PC-4400 DDR (550 Mhx) PNY Verto nVidia 6800 Ultra Creaitve SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS Gamer soundcard Antec blue LED PCI slot dual fan card Linksys Wireless A+G PCI card Corsair/Delphi Hydrocool 2000 water-cooling unit Asetek Wasterchill reservoir Danger Den Maze-4 chipset and CPU water-blocks Danger Den nVidia 6800 water-block Tygon 3/8" ID tubing 2 160 GB Western Digital Caviar SE hard drives in RAID 0 Sony 3.5 floppy drive Lite-on CD-R/W / DVD-ROM combo drive Plextor CD-R/W (on the way) Aerocool Aerogate II fan/thermal unit[/B] Appropriately annointed as the AgileFast 2000 WC-64 UltraUltra by yours truly..... Thanks for the help guys. :biggrin: here it is [URL=http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/kmapes72/][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]click here[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/URL]

agile, Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice job. Good wire management too......I need to work on that. I like the new GPU block too, great design. you should post these on the thread started by Stev....system pictures. I glad this forum was a big help to you and by the way your system lookds, your not a newbie anymore. WELCOME. Marc :D:

Thanks man. I appreciate it. If you would have seen me spilling fluid you would have yelled "noob." It's all good as this was a huge lesson and learning experience. Note: the Maze 4 chipset block took some machining by me to make it fit onto the Asus A8V mobo. ; in case anyone is contemplating the same build. I dig the case, although Lian Li's are my fav. I put Fluid XP+ in as it was my first system and the stuff is well worth it. It cost around $25 to fill the system. Also, I have a Voodoo m860 lappie on the way and I have a Voodoo Rage in a similar albeit air-cooled configuration. I also own an Alienware Aurora. I am going to have to get rid of one of these systems. The AW is the oldest ( 5 1/2 months) so its getting kicked out. I have issues with hording systems. how did you fabricate your external unit temp guage? That thing adds a nice touch? How'd you do it? huh? huh? huh? Peace! Oh yeah, I'll post in the "my rig" thread I have two orders for similar systems for my friend now. They just dig me for my water-cooling. :sunglasse

agile, The temp display is made from 1/2 black plastic. It tool alot of cutting, sanding and polishing. Believe it or not, car polish workds great on plastic if it is sanded with 1200 or greater. I have a wood shop and used about every tool in the shop for this project and it took about 12 hours total. Let me know when you post the pics of you rig. Marc :D:

So for the GPU block did you get the 3/8" OD fitting for 3/8" ID tubing? And for the Maze4 did you get the 3/8" fittings? I'm thinking of buying a Hydrocool EX for my system. Specs for my current system: AMD FX-53 Geforce 6800 Ultra 1 GB Corsair RAM Asus A8V Deluxe mobo etc. I like the DangerDen cooling blocks, especially the 6800 ultra one looks nice with the RAM cooling as well. I don't plan on overclocking at all. I just want to reduce the fan noise in my system. I already have a Zalman HS for my CPU, but the fan on the GPU is still noisy.

• 3 weeks later...
Agile, Nice Job, here are my Tsunami pics, we can have silver vs. black in here :biggrin: I love the Tsunami case, the only gripes I have are the lack of a hole near the PS to stuff all the power cables (I worked around it) and the Front USB ports on top....who in their right mind would stuff this beautiful case under a desk???? Other than that, it is truly my dream case.....other than the Acrylic cube I want next year.....can we ever really be happy??? :biggrin:

Archived