Corsair Community

Need standoffs for H100

vernacular

Need LGA 2011 standoffs for Corsair H100.

I've contacted Corsair tech support to say I've lost them and asked if they can send me some more, but after two days and no response I'm trying the forums.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1351/img0386nr.jpg

Is there anywhere that I can buy these?

It would be so much easier if I could just run a screw straight through the bracket directly into the motherboard, but the bracket needs a smaller screw with different threading than the mobo, I tried it once and it ruined the threading on the long screws I had.

Actually you don't need those stand-offs. Consult your manual. You can use the Asus X-Socket to replace the LGA 2011 backplate. Once you do you can mount your cooler using the Corsair LGA 1366 backplate and accompanying stand-offs. I just did this myself (my cooler wouldn't even mount to the LGA 2011 backplate). It's really not difficult.

G50EED, I think I was already using the X-Socket backplate with the short standoffs. I removed it and used the backplate provided by Corsair with the longer standoffs that I still have. I did, however, need to use washers between the backplate and the mobo as it was wobbly without them even when I screwed the standoffs into the backplate completely. It feels solid now and I can mount the block.

Thanks for the tip.

Archived