Corsair Community

H100 noise? (and other H100/H80 questions)

Iamazn

Someone here says that there is a problem with recent H100s producing a lot of noise... Is this true? If yes, when might this be fixed?

Other questions:

-H100 push only verses H100 push/pull. How might better will the push/pull configuration cool?

-H100 push/pull with 4x120mm fans verses H100 push/pull 2x120mm, 1x140mm, 1x100mm. Which would cool better and by how much?

-H100 push vs H80 push pull, which would cool better?

It's been fixed and it sounds like they're getting new units in (I have no idea what the timeframe is since I don't work for Corsair). AFAIK it's not a specific batch with an issue like that poster said.

It's been fixed and it sounds like they're getting new units in (I have no idea what the timeframe is since I don't work for Corsair). AFAIK it's not a specific batch with an issue like that poster said.

Please see this Post I just updated

Thanks for the fast reply. Now I just need the other 3 questions answered before I decided whether or not to buy a H100...

• Corsair Employees
-H100 push only verses H100 push/pull. How might better will the push/pull configuration cool?

A: for best cooling you want cool clean air over the radiator so a push pull and pulling our side of the case over the Radiator is best.

-H100 push/pull with 4x120mm fans verses H100 push/pull 2x120mm, 1x140mm, 1x100mm. Which would cool better and by how much?

A: Dont waste time on doing something that may not work use what has been tested and Proven.

-H100 push vs H80 push pull, which would cool better?

A: Its hard to answer because it is subjective. It will depend on the case you use and the make and model of MB as to which would be best for that configuration.

A: for best cooling you want cool clean air over the radiator so a push pull and pulling our side of the case over the Radiator is best.

A: Dont waste time on doing something that may not work use what has been tested and Proven.

A: Its hard to answer because it is subjective. It will depend on the case you use and the make and model of MB as to which would be best for that configuration.

Will the 2 extra fans pulling be worth the extra noise?

Archived