Corsair Community

PSU went bang! what now?

Joe simcock

I built a pc yesterdayOn first boot my pc spun up then turned off.. A minute later from the psu BANG!, then the houses electric tripped. After further inspection the other components look ok as far as i can tell. I took the psu out and it smells of burning. Its now in its original box along with the contents...

What now?!

The psu was a tx650 v2

Please help!

Best guess: either something wasn't properly grounded (e.g. a screw stuck between the motherboard and case), or a bad PSU. Return it to the store and have them replace it. I'd also break down the PC and rebuild it to be safe.

I have also just recieved an email from corsair confirming i can get an RMA, however i have no shipping info from them? Who would be the best to send it to?

P.s i live in the uk so shipping may cost a LOT, i have read corsair can sometimes pay for you, if so i will almost certainly need them to? Also could i send them proof of my psu and get my replacement shipped before my dud psu arrives?

Thanks, Joe

Once you have the RMA conformation you can install SKYPE and call the toll free number listed under contact on our main site and request an Advanced replacement.

I would but i dont have a computer to call them on, i cant on my phone either due to windows phone 7 :S

Is there a phone number because i cant seem to find it?

Thanks for your time.

Archived