Corsair Community

ASUS A7N8X-X and TWINX1024-3700

I just want to be sure, but will TWINX1024-3700 memory work on my A7N8X-X? (I know that the ASUS A7N8X-X doesn't support dualchannel but I rather want a matched pair of memory than two different sticks.) Why i ordered TWINX1024-3700? It was much cheaper than the TWINX1024-3200. (Student on a budget :winking:) And I'm a overclocker. So it was a logical choice :sunglasse: . Thanks for helping me! :!oops:

• Corsair Employee
Well the MB A7N8X-X will not give you the options needed to Over Clock! I would suggest you change to A7N8X Deluxe or A7V880 Deluxe and go with Twinx1024-3200XL if you want to Over clock! XMS3700 is made for Intel platform and what I would suggest!

Thanks RAM Guy! Butt the situation changed suddenly. Because the shop where I ordered the TWINX-3700 set made an error I'll now recieve a TWINX-4000 set for the same price. As soon as I installed the RAM I'll let you know how it works RAM Guy! P.S.: I have a very good OC'ing experience with the A7N8X-X, flexibel voltage settings, AGP/PCI-lock, FSB OC'ing in 1Mhz steps, etc.

Archived